help me help you by sharing tips!

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
hi ladies!
so i am 162 pounds/ 11.6 stone.
im trying to eat healthy but its not easy when you dont have much money lol so it usually means i have 5 healthy days!

Also im exercising as often as i can, walking, yoga running (rarely tho) and bits of dancing.

but i would just like some tips to make it easier to tweek things in my lifestyle to lose weight lost 2 stone in 8 months so far :(

here mine please add yours!-

1. put bottles of water in the freezer till they turn slushy (the freezing water makes the heart beat faster burning calories)

2.if you cant afford a fitness dvd go on the fitness channel on sky its free and theres all sorts of fitness demos e.g belly dancing, kick boxing

3.put your meals on small plates tricks the mind into thinking your eating a big meal

Dont eat 3 large meals.
Eat 6 mini meals, eat every 2.5-3hrs.

Drink green tea.
Dont cut out carbs, their important, eat wholegrain.
Protein is vital for repairing muscles and buliding mass, so eat enough of it.

Exercise; cardio and strength. Warm up is a must do.

Try find a fruit shop, instead of supermarkets get so much more for your money and alot fresher.

what would class as a small size meal?

The biggest thing I have learned is to not let yourself get to the point where you're "starving" - you are way more likely to over eat, or eat something bad for you.
Also, allow yourself "cheat" meals.

200 cals x 6 is your daily limit, min wise 1200
250 Cals x 6 would be 1500

Drink Puer Tea - helps burn fat and break down any carbs you eat, drink one cup after every meal. It's yummy and helps lose weight, so instead of losing 2lb a week, i lose 3lb!

Don't eat after 7pm

Before you eat a big meal, do a little exercise before hand, just a jog on the spot for 5 minutes or something to kick start your metabolism, will digest that big meal a lot easier and faster!

Drink at least a couple of litres of water a day - but just water, don't add fruit juices or squash etc

Exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 times a week - a mixture of cardio and toning exercises would be perfect! Search on youtube for the best exercises to burn fat or tone up if you can't afford a video or are a bit clueless!

Weight loss has a simple formula........

Calories in (ie eaten) must be less than calories out (basal metabolic rate + exercise calories)

to lose one pound of fat per week, the deficit must be a total of 3500 calories over the week.

Some 'tips' (metioned above) will definitely help with this ie eating smaller meals regularly throught the day to keep you feeling full, regular cardiovascular exercise, green tea, eating plenty of slow release carbs

some 'tips' are debatable (sorry ladies!!!!) drinking ice cold water to speed up metabolism , jogging on the spot for 5 mins before eating, fad diets, eating after 7?? (doesn't matter when you consume calories)

I lost almost 3 stone of my baby weight at a sensible rate and without depriving myself

my tips are:

plan, plan, plan meals /shopping list in advance
cook from scratch (you know exactly what's in it and can control calories)
if you have a problem with portion control (like me !!) weigh and measure foods and calorie count till you get the hang of it.
work out you daily calorie needs for your weight and activity level (take off 500cals per day to eat AND burn off 500 cals per day exercise that's 2 lb loss per week)
plenty of lean protein and slow release/ low gi carbs
drink plenty of water
regular sweaty exercise and toning exercise
factor in treats and splurge days

everyone has their own way of doing things and I'm not saying what is right or wrong; I am basing my tips on my medical and physiological healthcare background!

good luck everyone!
xxx

thanks mrsRH! sounds like a sensible way to do it!

I agree with MrsRH too, very good tips! :)

I don't agree with MrsRH! Lol.

The thread was about tips that might help a little with the weightloss, we all know (or most people do) that you lose weight by burning more calories than you are eating. It's the little tips that might help you along the way that i thought she was looking for? Running in the spot does kick start your metabolism, drinking cold water does make your heart beat faster, which does burn more calories (smoking also does this, but i wouldnt recommend it! lol) It's the little tips like this which help you burn off an extra half a pound, a whole pound a week, and quite useful!

Another tip - snack on celery! You burn more calories eating it than what is in the actual celery! Lol.

Agree with MrsRH and sorry ladies, so does real research into kinesiology, nutrition, etc. The whole "don't eat after X time","no carbs after X time", and ESPECIALLY ***5-6 meals increases your metabolism more than 3*** are all myths perpetrated over and over again. They have been disproven time and time again.

If not eating after a certain time (prime snacking time), no carbs after a certain time, or spreading out your meals helps you reduce your overall daily/weekly calories, then by all means, it may be a good strategy for you and you SHOULD consider doing it - but it's certainly not based in science as a fact for weight loss.

I don't agree with MrsRH! Lol.

The thread was about tips that might help a little with the weightloss, we all know (or most people do) that you lose weight by burning more calories than you are eating. It's the little tips that might help you along the way that i thought she was looking for? Running in the spot does kick start your metabolism, drinking cold water does make your heart beat faster, which does burn more calories (smoking also does this, but i wouldnt recommend it! lol) It's the little tips like this which help you burn off an extra half a pound, a whole pound a week, and quite useful!

Another tip - snack on celery! You burn more calories eating it than what is in the actual celery! Lol.

I can tell you from 5 years at university studying human physiology that these things do not burn significant amount of calories over and above your basal metabolic rate.

There might be overall difference of 100 cals burned in a day which is nothing compared to the 3500 cals you need to lose a pound.

If people want to follow these tips, fine!! As I said in my initial reply, no one is right or wrong. Just letting them know the scietific facts behind them and that there are more important things to consider when losing weight.

xxx

There might be overall difference of 100 cals burned in a day which is nothing compared to the 3500 cals you need to lose a pound.

xxx

think how much those 100kcals a day would make over a year though!

xxx

think how much those 100kcals a day would make over a year though!

I'd rather do 10 mins more proper exercise a day and get fit, toned and a great shape that eat celery, jump up and down or drink a bottle of freezing water!

I'm going to end my side here and agree to disagree!!!

hugs to all and good luck on your weight loss
x

Weight loss has a simple formula........

Calories in (ie eaten) must be less than calories out (basal metabolic rate + exercise calories)

to lose one pound of fat per week, the deficit must be a total of 3500 calories over the week.

Some 'tips' (metioned above) will definitely help with this ie eating smaller meals regularly throught the day to keep you feeling full, regular cardiovascular exercise, green tea, eating plenty of slow release carbs

some 'tips' are debatable (sorry ladies!!!!) drinking ice cold water to speed up metabolism , jogging on the spot for 5 mins before eating, fad diets, eating after 7?? (doesn't matter when you consume calories)

I lost almost 3 stone of my baby weight at a sensible rate and without depriving myself

my tips are:

plan, plan, plan meals /shopping list in advance
cook from scratch (you know exactly what's in it and can control calories)
if you have a problem with portion control (like me !!) weigh and measure foods and calorie count till you get the hang of it.
work out you daily calorie needs for your weight and activity level (take off 500cals per day to eat AND burn off 500 cals per day exercise that's 2 lb loss per week)
plenty of lean protein and slow release/ low gi carbs
drink plenty of water
regular sweaty exercise and toning exercise
factor in treats and splurge days

everyone has their own way of doing things and I'm not saying what is right or wrong; I am basing my tips on my medical and physiological healthcare background!

good luck everyone!
xxx

I have to agree with MrsRH, as am Ambassador for a leading female supplement company Maxitone, I agree this is good advice. If people have ways that work for them thats fine also..

didnt want to start a debate lol

just wanted it to be a little fun! lol
i can see on bloodbinds view coz i was just looking for little tips of what everyones doing, im not looking to loose loads of weight, just little snippets!
but i was also interested in mrsrh if i wanted to really go for it!

feel a bit silly about my tip on freezing water now lol
only found out about it because heard mel b's trainer say it! lol ooopps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"