Help me, please! (MS)

2by2elsa

Reaction score
Help me ladies! Please! I'm at my wits end. About a week ago my morning sickness started but is was off and on and not every day - so I could deal. The past few days it's taken over my life. I'm sick, literally, round the clock. I wake up in the middle of the night nauseous. I'm nauseous all day long. I can't eat. Nothing sounds appealling to eat. It's to the point where it's a struggle to drink water or ginger ale. I can keep them down but only just barely. Everyone keeps telling me to find something I can eat and just stick with that. I can't find anything to eat. I've read about the sea-sickness braclets but I'm not sure what to think. When I was pregnant with my youngest, I had similar morning sickness but nowhere near this bad. My OB eventually put me on Phenergan because I was loosing too much weight. I ended up having trouble with preterm labor and he was born a month premature with premature lungs (2 collapsed lungs and pneumonia). I'm terrified that the Phenergan played a part in his preterm labor/birth. So I'm desperate for some other things to try before I'm forced to go that route again.

What has worked for you ladies? What do you suggest?

I ended up having HG..it SUCKS, but the doc gave me pills for it...so now I sleep most of the day...least I'm not sick. Feel better hon!

Honestly, although my MS is bad (all day nausea) I am able to eat most things if I take it slowly (not thrown up yet *fingers crossed* only come close a few times). Have you tried saltine crackers or a piece of dry toast, not the most appealing things in the world but they are easy on your stomach, I find they help to ease my nausea.

Honestly, although my MS is bad (all day nausea) I am able to eat most things if I take it slowly (not thrown up yet *fingers crossed* only come close a few times). Have you tried saltine crackers or a piece of dry toast, not the most appealing things in the world but they are easy on your stomach, I find they help to ease my nausea.

Vickie ~ I can't even stand the smell of toast or crackers. (Yes, crackers smell. lol)

PitBullMommy ~ Sorry to hear about the HG. Which meds did they put you on? I could live with sleeping all day. (I'm on the couch trying not to move because moving makes it worse anyways. Might as well sleep.) I just want to be able to eat and not be sick all the time.

Yikes! I've had no problems with crackers, although I've found that corn stinks!!

I used the Seabands. They were the only thing that got me through it. You can buy them at any drug store. They are the bands you were for motion sickness. Don't worry, it will pass. I've almost forgotten how miserable I was! Oh, I also went to an acupuncturist too, which REALLY helped! It was SO worth the $80.

My MS was REALLY bad but I found if I woke myself up in the night and ate a biscuit and then again before I sat up in bed in the morning I was fine.

I also have HG... I actually still get sick often. My doctor put me on Zofran for it. It was originally made for patients with cancer, however, they determined it was safe for pregnant women. Before I took a test and found out I was pregnant, I was taking Phenergan for nausea, but stopped after finding out. Also, the Zofran makes me much less drowsy than the Phenergan did. I've also been taking vitamin b6, 50mgs a day. And if you do try to eat, I would recommend eating something dry, and waiting 30 mins after eating to drink something. It will let the food settle more. Good luck, it does get better. Mine hasn't gone away, but is more manageable. :hugs:

I had really bad morning sickness too, from the time I woke up until I went to sleep, I was getting sick like 5 times a day. My doctor ended up putting me on medication for it, not sure what it was since I haven't had to take it in a while, but I just took it 2 to 3 times a day, whenever I felt sick, it was the only thing that made me feel better.

My mate said ginger nuts were her god send. Take them to bed with you - and have a few when you wake up0 before you get out of bed.

xx

ugh im so sorry to hear you are having a hard time
i went through a really bad patch too where i couldnt eat a thing but i wasnt vomiting just very nauseous all the time. the only thing i found that helped was not to let your body get hungry because it makes everything much much worse.
even if you cant manage proper food try soup broth or dry bread, carbs are really best. the only words of encouragement i have are that my really awful take over your life period did pass -and now its just yucky some of the time.

good luck i know its very very hard and stressful :hugs:

Sorry to hear you are so unwell :hugs:

Unfortunately I too was bad with morning sickness and ended up diagnosed with HG, I was prescribed 2 strong anti-sickness tablets that I had no choice about taking as I was in and out of hospital without them.

A hospital will not prescribe drugs if they feel you do not have to have them, as they have to think of the baby's welfare, but they also have to weigh up your health and needs too because if you are not fit, then you are not going to be doing much good for your baby long term.

I understand your concern given the fact that your baby was premature, but why not ask your care provider for advice and ask if there is a possibility those drugs could have contributed to the premature birth, and whether there is an alternative for you to have.

The drug Pitball mentioned is available over the counter here, but is a prescription drug in the USA so ask about it, see what they can offer you. :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->