Help me read my lab results?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
I got mine done today and have the labwork... Levels all seem normal except one which has nothing to do with iron I think... But it's honestly so hard for me to believe that there isn't something going on besides just pregnancy stuff. Ill include a pic of my levels!

Don't know why my second post is gone! Here's a pic:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/kmr1763/image_12.jpg

I know all is within normal except mchc, but didn't know if the ranges changed during pregnancy...

Does your lab report include a reference range for each test? I just looked back at my report and the reference range for MCHC was 31-37 g/dL (my result was 32.1 and was considered within range). I'm sure that different labs have slightly different cutoffs, but either way it seems like yours is around that average. I'm certainly not a doctor though, so if you are worried you could always call and ask your doctor's office. :)

It's the mean concentration of haemoglobin in blood cells. The only things I can find online that cause high levels are things you would already know if you had such as autoimmune diseases etc. The reference range is 33.4-35.5 g/dL so your result is only very, very slightly high. I wouldn't worry !

From my understanding, high MCHC can signal certain types of anemia. Nothing terribly worrying, but I would maybe call your doctor/midwife on Monday about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->