Help! Milk pretty much dried up!

Aurora_xox

Mama to Lilia and Wyatt
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you ladies can help! I'm currently 5 months pregnant and my milk has pretty much gone. And my 22 month old still nurses herself to sleep for nap and bedtime.

I've been thinking of buying some sort of formula/follow on milk, but I have no idea what sort of thing to buy, I've never bought any before. She doesn't like cows milk, and she won't drink almond milk straight out of her cup she'll only have it on her cereal.

We've been trying all sorts to try and help her wind down before bed, but as soon as I take her upstairs she knows that there is no milk for her and that's it. She just won't sleep. It takes absolutely ages for her to eventually tire herself out, and then she'll dry nurse and finally give in.

Any help/advice would be greatly received :)

If you're still producing a bit of milk and/or really want to continue BFing, you should look in to a SNS (supplementary nursing system) - you add whatever top up milk you'd like into a bag, hang it round your neck and tape the tiny tube to your boob so it's level with your nipple, so LO latches on to both and gets the comfort of BFing and the milk from the bag!

If you want more advice with the SNS, theres a girl on here (loving_life) who used one for many months!

Good luck!

ETA: when my milk dried up at 10 months we switched to coconut milk for a while - nice and sweet and nutritious!

Thank you! I just googled the Supplemental Nursing System and that looks quite promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->