HELP my baby may have NEC????

mylittlebud1

Reaction score
Hi,

My little one is in NICU and having anti-biotics and they have stopped her feeds as herbelly is bloated and she may have NEC. I've looked this up on the internet which has scared me slightly.

Has anyone had prem baby that's had this. How long did it take to treat etc etc?

Claire xx

My lo never had NEC but they suspected it a couple of times but thankfully was a false alarm. Her belly used to swell up quite a bit with the cpap. I know there are a few on here who's lo's were treated successfully with antibiotics for around 10 days. The unit I was in was also a surgical unit and there was 2 babies who had stoma's put in due to NEC. One of them got theirs reversed at 35 weeks gestation and the other at 2 months corrected. Both are thriving now 1 year later.

Hope your lo responds to antibiotics.

Keep us updated. Xx

My son had NEC but not too bad thank god. His belly was huge so they took him off all feeds (just as he had started taking bottles grrr) put on antibiotics for 10 days. Then they reintroduce food slowly again. Its horrible to watch because they look so uncomfortable and hard to hold because he had so many more wires but hang on in there, with the treatment they are doing hopefully you will see some quick results xx

hey hun plz dont stress my 26 weeker got nec and looking at her made me wanna cry all the time. i couldnt cope at 1st but decided to have faith as docs give u the worst case scenario and google doesnt help so dont google. xxxx

anyway on the positive side after she got nec they stopped feeds gave iv fluids and antibiotics and within 5 days she tried to take herself of the ventilator. she improved medically without surgical intervention, she was fully breast fed and developed it quite late so they were shocked to see she got it but bottom line is she was ok and recovered very well from it. have faith im sure ur lil one will be fine.

i came across lots of mums even one with triplets and all her boys got it- one of them got it twice and there all absolutely fine now so relax n read ur baby a story. x

You just readd my thread - but I wanted to post support here too - I agree with the above DONT GOOGLE!!!!!!!

Fynn was born on 21st Jan 2010 they diagnosed NEC a day or so later - stopped feeds for ten days gaev him AB's and TPN through a long line he came home on the 9th Feb 2010

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->