HELP nearly 10 months old and having 4 feeds a night

broodylocket

Reaction score
please help.

since my son has been 6 months, hes been increasing his milk intake during the night, he used to sleep all night through from 9pm till 11am.
hes always had a bath routine, we moved house last month and hes the same increase to 4 bottles a night so hes soaked through by 6am.

any ideas how to get him out of this? he drinks during the day with 3 meals.
please help as his sleep is crap. he wont take a dummy, he didnt want it since 5 months.

Is he having a full feed every time ? Jed started getting in the habit of getting up for a sip of milk a few times and it started getting more and more. Eventually we had to get a bit tough and give hime water or nothing and he stopped. We did let him cry it out one night because we were just exhausted, but he was never hysterical .... just really shouting. Anyway it only took one night and the next night he started sleeping through ! I have to admit that one night was awful, but we shut the door and my DH helped me stick to our resolve.

Are you sure that he was originally waking for food? I'm sure he is now because he expects it. My SIL had the same thing with her LO a few months ago. He was up 6-7 times a night wanting to be fed.

Have you tried everything else before feeding him? Cuddling him back to sleep, rocking him, singing to him? Maybe because he is drinking so much and is wet through by morning, maybe change his diaper then rock him back to sleep. Make sure you try everything before you feed him, that way even if he is hungry, you are pushing his feeds further and further apart. Eventually he will drop a feed.

My LO is up twice a night for a bottle.... she drains them both....I don't know what to do either? If I give her water, it takes over an hour to get her back to sleep, if I give her milk, it takes 10 mins...... so I give her milk.

i did try everything else before i gave him a feed. no matter if hes in his cot, with me he just wakes up for his milk, he doesnt want water, he likes water as it has it during the day.
he drains 6ozs out of 8ozs bottles so it isnt a little bit or he drinks more. ive tried rocking him he goes to sleep and wakes up 10 mins later for milk.

my wee boy didnt take a dummy and like your wee boy when ever he woke up at night assumed he would get milk. He was still next to me in his cot and i spoke to my health visitor as i did not have this problem with my daughter.

She said as long as he is eating drinking and getting his normal fluids during day he shouldnt require all this milk during night time and said basically because i have started doing it when he crys he just assumes thats what he should get. So her advise, just let him wake up and cry it out and maybe take a few nights./week but he will get the message that night time is for sleeping and not getting milk.

So the first night we tried this (cot was still in my room) he awoke at 2ish in the morning and i lay still and didnt react me and oh whispering just let him cry and yes he cried and cried and within 10 mins he was fast asleep again! and i must say the next night he slept straight through!

This may not work for everyone but it certainly did with my wee man.

well the pat few days, hes only been having a little milk which is so not like him during the day. ive put him in his own room in his cot and hes woke up once. i feel bad if i dont give him any milk as hes only had about 7 ozs in total today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->