Help need formula suggestions for gassy reflux babe

Damita

Mummy of 2 <3
Reaction score
So lil has been on apatmil comfort since 2 weeks old due to colic so has been great on that solved the issue of gas but she also a very sickie baby also spitting up after feeds, we tried apatmil anti reflux this week but just gave her the worse gas and she woke in the night crying but the spit up was gone. So gone back to comfort gas is gone but spit up is back.

There must be a milk that does both?

Help

So "old school" pediatricians here say to put rice cereal in the bottles for reflux babies (makes the milk thicker and it stays down better). I would check with your Dr before trying anything, but this may solve your spit up problem and allow you to keep using the formula that is better for her gas ;)

Try some baby rice in the bottle hun as it will thicken it which in turn should help baby keep the milk down. At 15 weeks old it should be ok :) I started my little one on it at 8 weeks due to the same problem. Just add one level tea spoon per bottle at first and see how you get on.

If you mention it to doctor they may tell you not to do it with little one not being 6 months old... but to be honest i think their guidelines are rubbish.

I started weaning my little guy at 4 months old and it really helped with his reflux. started him with baby rice made as a proper meal and some other cereals you can get from 4months plus. also some mashed potatoe or yogurts :) oh and mushed up banana was a fave :)

xxxx

I went to the doc she gave me infant gaviscon for reflux works a treat hun. Try checking with ur doc. Mine boy screams alot then pukes. If ur lo aint screaming maybe best to just wait it out.

Might get shot down for suggesting this, but if the formula you're giving is the kind you make up yourself (rather than an ambient bottle that you open and decant) then have you tried mixing the formula? 50/50 colic/gas relief? We have a hungry colicky spewy baby at the moment who is mix-fed, his formula has previously been a mix of regular and hungry baby, but we'll be swapping out to a comfort/hungry mix once my DH gets home with the comfort formula. Friend of mine had the same issues and successfully used a mix of comfort/hungry formula before starting to wean a little early.

Thanks for the tips ladies :hugs: I did try mixing formula between the two but didn't work :(

But I am weaning from 17 weeks - HV okay it today so that's in a week and a bit time hopefully that will help :)

You can buy infant gaviscon over counter in pharmacy might be worth try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->