Help!! New to TTC need advice!

JAM1611

Reaction score
Hi. We have finally taken the plunge to start TTC. Sorry in advance for tmi. I was expecting to finish taking my cerelle pill today (27th Jan) but i started having a very very light bleed 25th so I decided to just stop then but i have now 2 days later have a full blown period along with the lovely aches and pains! Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this or similar as i have read so many posts about having a withdrawal bleed once finished pill but im unsure now What my body is doing!?

Am i being to obsessed by getting ovulation kit now?

X

I've been taking the same pill since I was a teenager, I have had random times where I just forgot to take it a few days in a row and started bleeding again, but then you take the pill and it stops until AF time. It's definitely normal! I stopped taking mine to TTC on 23-Dec (first day of my December period) and since I had a full cycle, I didn't bleed again until my last period started a week ago.

Stopping the pill can cause some confusion in your body and you may or may not ovulate the first month off the pill. It could also throw off the time of the month you actually ovulate. I would recommend reading up on how to check your daily temp and your cervix to see what it is going to be around that time. There is nothing wrong with getting as many ovulation tests as you want except the $$ you'll spend on them! Just know that ovulation typically occurs 10-14 days after your period. You could ovulate early or late. 12 is the average. If you're worried about the money you'll spend on so many tests and aren't really sure how to check for ovulation on your own, you can just have sex every day or every other day during your fertility window. Sperm can live in your body anywhere from 3-7 days, 5 on average.

Thanks for replying.

I really think i did ovulate this month even with still being on the pill. About 10 days ago i had the typical ovulation symptoms. Any advice on when this window would be again? Or if you know any good apps that i could track on as i dont know if its just too soon for me to be using opks as i have only just came off the pill.

X

I don't have any advice concerning the pill sad my. Although I do reccomend buying IC (internet cheapie) ovulation tests. A well known brand is Wondfo, but there are others that are just as good. Of course a great place to buy them is Amazon!

Ooo thanks. Will have to look into those and maybe order. I just don’t want to go too obsessed with it straight away as this will be our first month trying x

Thanks for replying.

I really think i did ovulate this month even with still being on the pill. About 10 days ago i had the typical ovulation symptoms. Any advice on when this window would be again? Or if you know any good apps that i could track on as i dont know if its just too soon for me to be using opks as i have only just came off the pill.

X

If you get your period this month, the fritillary window is usually 7 days after last day of your period. I’ve been using the period calendar app. It’s a little diary looking pink book with a white flower app icon. I’ve tested a couple apps and they all seem to reflect the same thing. Hopefully you did ovulate! They say you can be even more fertile the first month off. I’m not sure if I did or not, but I’m not pregnant.

I don't have any advice concerning the pill sad my. Although I do reccomend buying IC (internet cheapie) ovulation tests. A well known brand is Wondfo, but there are others that are just as good. Of course a great place to buy them is Amazon!
That’s good advice! Would definitely be worth looking into!

If you get your period this month, the fritillary window is usually 7 days after last day of your period. I’ve been using the period calendar app. It’s a little diary looking pink book with a white flower app icon. I’ve tested a couple apps and they all seem to reflect the same thing. Hopefully you did ovulate! They say you can be even more fertile the first month off. I’m not sure if I did or not, but I’m not pregnant.

Oo i already have that app. Ive just brought some ovulation tests from my local sainsburys. Just some easy read ones for now as its my first time trying them. If i go my my first CD then i am now CD6 but as i have just came off my pill my body may not be doing what the app is suggesting so thought would cover all bases with the kit too. And if the tests say the same days as the app then fab. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->