Help! Niamh is ill [update pg 4]

Caitlyn does get windy on BM but not as windy as she was before. I know she often can't get to sleep and is crying on and off because she has wind, then I bounce her up on my knee, up comes the burp and she's fine

:hugs: hope little Niamh is better today xx

Hiya hon. How's it going?

Have you been to see someone about this?

Hope he's feeling better soon. :hugs:

Thanks girls, she's better today. She didn't calm down until after 3am but I finally managed to get her settled and she hasn't brought up anything today. I'm used to her being a little sick, but last night was just awful. Fingers crossed it was a one off and just really bad wind.

Glad Niamh is better today.

Glad she is a bit better. I know people say that BF babies are less windy, and I'm sure most are, but Poppy is terribly windy. She takes down a lot of wind while feeding and is sick after every feed. It's very painful for her too. Remember that it often looks like a lot more milk is coming up than it actually is. It is frightening when it first happens. xx

That's a relief huh?!

It really does look like a lot more than it actually is.:D

Projectile vomiting again tonight :cry: She is hardly keeping anything down tonight and I've given her anti wind stuff (infacol) all week.

Have a phone consult with a GP tomorrow morning and an appointment after that if I need one.

Sorry for all the Niamh related threads :(

Just spoke to a GP and have an emergency appointment in an hour so fingers crossed they can help with the sickness.

Just back from the GP. She was really lovely, and although she just really said wait and see what happens tomorrow, she did try and explain most of Nimah's problems at the minute and to be honest they are MUCH more likely that a positive result tomorrow.

Vomiting: Said it could be from taking in too much air and she would only worry if it was every feed.

Weight: Said that it's not great atm, but unless she keeps going the way she is then she's not too concerned. She said hopefully in the next few weeks she'll gain more in line with her percentile.

Breathing: Just said that it may be normal for her. Some babies are raspy breathers. Also when she sounds like she's choking it could be because she's re-aligning her breathing as babies does breath as regular as we adults do.

So yeah, roll on tomorrow so we can get this over and done with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->