HELP! Not quite 3 months and teething already!

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hello everyone, been a while since ive been on here (never seem to have the time anymore!) but just wanted to ask a quick question - how old were your LO's when they started teething?

We had a scary (or not, as it turned out) moment the other night. Lucy started screaming for no apparent reason at about 5pm, shes not a whingy baby so I was a bit worried from the start. Anyway, by 8pm she was still going mad and we had tried everything, changing, feeding, calpol, the lot! She started screaming so much she was gasping for breath and her lips started turning blue so, panicing, we rushed down to A & E. The nurse looked at her, checked her oxygen levels, temp etc and said she was fine, but even she was concerned about her screaming. Anyway, she put her finger in Lucy's mouth and she clamped her mouth round it - and it left an indent! Shes got a back tooth cut through! None of us could believe it and the nurse said she has not heard of a baby cutting teeth so young. Lucy is much better now thanks to some bonjela, but I am really confused as to why she has a tooth already!!!

I've read babies can get their teeth as young as Lucy is! I didn't know it could be their back teeth though :|

I use medised with Caitlin to help her teething although so far we only have one ....shes a slow girl lol!

Hun it has been known for babys to actually have teeth from 6weeks...i was told this by the pharmacy at Boots and also the doc and HV...its just one of those things...

Get your teething rings ready hun...

Glad Bonjela is helping her :hugs:

Cheers Wobbs. Thats what I was thinking - I though it was generally front teeth that cut through first?? The nurse did say some do the back first but they dont get noticed so much because you cant see them! Simple explanation I guess!

Bless Caitlin, watch them all come through at once now! xx

Thanks lady. Shes got two teething rings but seems to have trouble getting them far enough in her mouth to reach that back one! Thankfully bonjela is working wonders!

xx

Awww bless her

Hope the pain eases for her soon - I've seen teething things like dummies that would fit in Boots etc ...might help? x

Aww bless her...

thats a good point about the teething rings! :dohh:

Hope she doesnt give you too much of a hard time xx

Like this;
https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...98&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

Infact if you go to boots search teether lots of thinsg come up :D

Well done lucy!! :happydance: babies can even be born with teeth! I think it is mean tho if they get them before they can stuff things in their mouth to ease the pain or let you know!!

Big brave lucy!

Hello :wave:

Ewan has his first tooth already too, we noticed it at 8 weeks! its the bottom front one. i found the teething dummy's wobbles mentioned are good, i sonetimes put the bonjela on the teething dummy before i put it in his mouth. Also i put his dummys in the fridge too. Congrats on the first tooth :hug:

awww bless her. ali is teething too - it isn't much fun as he screams and screams, drools everywhere and trys to chew his hand off!!!! bonjela is good and of course the teething rings which are kept in the fridge.

:hug:

Christine
XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back