help :o( acid reflux

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
Urrgh my throat, I can feel it on the back of my tounge and I cant stop reeching and being sick. Its so bad it feels like my eyes are stinging :(
Is there anything ANNNYYYTHING that calms it down or that I can take? Im desperate :cry:

Its not medicinal but a big glass of milk always helps my acid reflux...oh and lying down just makes mine worse so keep upright...

also chewing gum seems to do the trick?!

Arrrgh we have no milk, better get txtin the OH, yah laying down makes mine worse too. It's sooo mis I wanna scream!
p.s gorgeous bump twiggy!x

Gaviscon Advance from the chemist.......You really can't beat it!! xx

omg iv been suffereing these past 2 days i was sick all over my mums carpet she wasnt too impressed :p but cant sleep or anything poppin gaviscon like i dont know what!! ohs gone to asda to get me milk and gaviscon double action see if thats any better :) iv found chewing gum makes it worse :( x

Arrrgh we have no milk, better get txtin the OH, yah laying down makes mine worse too. It's sooo mis I wanna scream!
p.s gorgeous bump twiggy!x

Thanks hun...! :flower:

i havnt actually tried it but i would of thought ice cream would be really good too...just coz its so cold and obviously the milk/dairy in it would calm the stomach at the same time?! hmmm, might investigate that one!! :haha:

Gaviscon.

Milk etc don't work for me as dairy triggers my sickness :( xx

Mmm icecream <3
lol I have no milk, icecream or gaviscon I better get him onto it eh.
God I cant stand this, its so disgusting :( but thanks for the advice girls x

nooo girlsss no icecream!!!! it triggers it!! i had 3 screwballs and iv just puked again!!! (unless having 3 was the reason) lol but my mum said it makes it worse so i dunoo ? hmm sick smells nice though! sorry! lol fed up now though! cant eat anything without it coming back up... hoping it settles for xmas day as i want to be a piggy! xxx

Baking soda. It's disgusting but it works when you don't have anything else on hand!

Katie- I imagine that's probably a similar scenario to me, dairy curdles with the acid in your stomach making you sick. Happens to me whenever I eat dairy xx

They seem to be shit for everyone else but rennies really work for me? And ice lollys cool it. Avoid spicey stuff if you dont already and sit upright. Hope you feel better soon :hugs: x

Went out for lunch with OH on Sunday. Ordered my meal and couldn't eat it because of reflux. He ate it for me. I ordered ice cream in desperation - it was thick snow outside and the waitress looked at me like I was insane but...it did the trick for me! I didn't suffer again that day and I've been getting it really bad. It's not ideal considering the fat and sugar but it's good if your desperate and also if out for a meal and the other options are going to trigger it.

Good luck!

Heya.
I know the feeling.
I sufferd from bad acid reflux before i was pregnant so i am on Omeprazole.
Their safe to take during pregnancy and work like a charm.
I've had heartburn once in 33 weeks :)
The dr will have to prescribe them though.
x

unfortunately i have had to go on maternity leave earlier than i wanted cause of this .. it feels like i have a chip lodged in my throat and keep throwing up .. sleep i have to sleep propped up ... bedroom door wide open in case i have to make a run for it ... gaviscon but go the docs .. don't forget we get free pescriptions !!!! and it's expensive if ur drinking and chewing them at the rate .. i am .. roll on the next 5 weeks

I read today that melon really helps, don't know why or how but when it's bad guess you'll try anything x

ok iv just asked my mum as shes a midwife and she says that lovehearts the sweets work a treat?!

apparently its the bicarbonate of soda in them!! :shrug:

Urrrgghh! It's gonna be the death of me I swear. I can't so much as look at bread or potatoes without it gearing up :hissy: I have boiled sweets all over the place. Try cough candy twist but a glass of milk definately works for me. Just don't take Gaviscon and then milk immediately after cos you'll bring up something you'll likely need later on with all the yacking that'll ensue :sick::mrgreen: xx

Wow thanks for all the advice everyone, OH came home with two bottles of gaviscon and those little sachets of the stuff that u can carry about, had a few glasses of milk and it cooled it for an hour. I really hate gaviscon but if I have enough of the stuff it does seem to have an affect!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->