help on amounts

laura109

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm a first time mum. My baby has never bad feeds in the night since 5 weeks and she's always had five feeds. Currently at 11 weeks she has....

6am 6oz
10.30 6oz
2.30 6oz
6.30 6oz
10.30 6oz

She won't have them any closer and this is the pattern she's choose.

The last 3 mornings her 10.30am bottle is not interesting her. She takes an oz or two then pushes it out. I offer it again half hour later and she may take it all or she may still only have an oz or two.

Anyway I'm guessing she's needing some sort of change? May bee more time between or more milk and less feeds?

She also did not want her afternoon bottle till 3.30 today.

What do you think. Thank you xx

I'm sorry, I am not sure and don't have much advice. I just wanted to say, wow! My baby only takes four ounces at a time, and he's twelve weeks today.

Anyway, I'm assuming that it's not a problem if she is still gaining weight properly. Is it not interesting her because she is getting distracted, wanting to play, etc.? Have you noticed a difference now that it's been a few more days?

hiya she is still doing it. i cant believe how much babies vary. we know a 12 week old baby on 8 oz every 3 hours and a 13 week on six ounces every 2-3 hours. is your lirrle one having night feeds?

nothings really distracting her. i guess shes just not hungry. shes started sleeping the last two nights till gone 7 so i think her patterns changing xx

8 ounces, wow!

Yes, he still eats at night, generally two to three times. Once around eleven, again around one, and then again between five and seven. Sometimes he doesn't want the one o'clock feed.

So since your baby is stopping that one feed, is she increasing her amounts for the rest of the day? Or is she still content with the same amount?

she had 7oz for lunchtime bottle then only six for the rest. shes just doing her own thing if you get me.

your little ones deffo little and often. i think she was on 5 oz at a month old lol

shes slim and long though. xx

Yep, I understand. I let my son do his own thing, too. I've tried giving him more so that he will go longer between feeds, but he won't take it. I keep telling myself I'll get more sleep one day. :dohh:

Sounds a lot like DD was at that age; she slept 9-9 at night so had 4-5 bottles during the day to make up for the lack of any night feeds, usually 3-4 hours apart. They go through a growth spurt and their first Wonder Week around this time, so the change could be a result of that. I'd just keep offering the bottle to your baby (maybe make a little less for the ones she has been refusing) and follow their cues - they'll let you know if they're hungry. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->