Help on Introducing Solids to my baby ??

LogansMummyxx

Mother To Baby Logan
Reaction score
Hey

Think my babys now ready to move on to solids
But not too sure how to introduce it & what to give first

any ideas?

Hiya, I posted this a few days ago as someone else had a similar question, hope it helps.

When you start to wean it's better to start with baby cereal, porridge or rice (most babies hate rice though) before you move on to fruit & veg purees. Maybe start with 1 or 2 teaspoons of cereal mixed with their usual milk for their breakfast. Once they get used to cereal and are used to feeding from a spoon you can move on to purees as their second meal. I started Lewis on 2 icecube blocks of puree, he didn't eat it all but rather do too much than him still be hungry and having to defrost more!!

Good luck with the weaning x

I started with baby rice and formula. I started with 2 teaspoons in the evening... and gradually moved to 2 teasoons twice daily over about 2 weeks. And ive started putting small amounts of fruits or veggies in her cereal.

in weaning class they told us pureed baby rice is best

It seems as if we all have no idea where to start! I have given Helena rice cereal about 5 times, and she really doesn't seem to like it. I gave her a few little spoonfuls on carrots a minute ago and she ate those right up.

We gave rice in the beginning and than oatmeal. After the oatmeal Hannah wouldn't even touch the rice. We started early though 3.5 months, 1 meal a day. We didn't wean to three meals a day until recently. Dinner was well established so we introduced breakfast (oatmeal) and dinner (oatmeal plus a veggie). After about a week of this we introduced lunch (fruit puree). We've now dropped the oatmeal in the evenings and just give her veggies.

right..... so im thinkin about starting to wean my little monster, she is 4 months next mond. I agree, i have no idea where to start! :shrug:
if i give her 1spoon of baby rice and 10spoons of SMA (will read packet 1st) will she then require a bottle afterwards? prob silly question lol.
Also, do you feed all the baby rice and milk on a spoon coz iv been told by so so many ppl to just add a little baby rice to her feeds.
How long should this last her also? she currently feeds every two hours.

HELP PLEASE....! :help:

:hug:
XXXX

you need to give it her off a spoon hun, it's a choking hazard otherwise. and yea she'll still need a bottle, it's to supplement the bottles, not replace them, milk should still be their main food xx

Tbh my wee one wasnt very keen on rice and things like that. I pureed apples very smooth, almost watery and he looooooved it!

I started giving Lola a couple of spoons of baby cereal in the evening. The slowly increasing the amount and finally introducing a new meal for her in the morning which is just a bit of pureed veggies or fruit, I'm also gonna try sweet potatos.

Don't put baby rice in their bottles. It can be dangerous as a choking hazard. Give a little on a spoon or maybe give a bit of pureed fruit

I gave Rihanna baby rice for the first 7 days in the morning, then tried her with banana cereal which she liked more... then introduced pureed food which is her fav now and then a new meal at dinner time for a few weeks then introduced little star yogurt at tea time which she scoffs the whole pot no problem, think everyone is different.

I started Daisy on Baby rice, a few spoonfuls early evening, but she hated it! I then tried her on Hipp Organic Baby Rice Breakfast (jar) and she loved it.
After a couple of weeks I then introduced different things, like pureed veg and fruit, we are up to 3 meals a day now and I use a mixture or jars and fresh foods xx

There's 2 ways of doing it - either you spoon feed baby rice, purees etc, or you go for baby led weaning when you give them soft foods and they feed themselves. Only you can decide what's best for you and your LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->