Help! Pain since my scan. :(

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure whats normal and what's not.
Since my scan on Wednesday, 13 weeks, I've been having some cramps on the left side. The cramps have started to get stronger since yesterday and they are pretty constant, they are now all over the front and back :(
I haven't been sleeping to well cause they wake me up in the night. I'm worried there is something wrong, I no some cramps are normal but not constant cramps.

My scan shown everything to fine. I also tried to find the heartbeat on my Doppler. I'm not it was mine I was finding, it was only beating at 108 bmp now I know that's low.

Help please. Mummy freaking out here. :(

Firstly congrats on your pregnancy.

As rude as this spunds have you opened your bowels? If not then this can cause a lot of cramps and pain.try not too worry to much as this doesn't help either, easier said than done I no.
If you are really worried then ring the out of hours doctors Hun xx

Thanks for the reply Elljo3 :)

Yes I've opened my bowels a number of times. I too thought it could be that but it's still there after I have been to the toilet :( if it doesn't stop soon I'll have to call someone. It's so uncomfortable. :(

It could be round ligament pain with the growing uterus. That's hard to stop since every time you move you will feel it. Or it could be a uti. If it continues I'd go get it checked. X

How can you tell if it's round ligament pain? I feel it all the time, lay down, sat down, standing. It's a constant ache. X

Call the midwife :) they will reassure and advise you :hugs:

I rang the early pregnancy ward at the hospital. They told me to take 2 paracetamol and if it doesn't ease in a few hours then I should go and book in at maternity so a doctor can see me.
Since taking the tablets around an hour half ago it has eased off to a constant dull ache but it's still there. Not as painful as it was. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

If it was me I'd be on my way there. Can't hurt can it!

Call them back and tell them that it hasn't really settled your pain. It's better to be checked out Hun, that way you can find out what's going on x

I didn't go up yesterday cause the dull ache disappeared for abit but then came back late lastnight. I decided I would sleep on it and see how I go.
Well I've woke this morning with the pain just as bad as yesterday before the paracetamol so I'll defiantly be taking myself upto early pregnancy soon. I'm just terrified incase they tell me there's something wrong :(

Thanks girls

Just got back from the hospital. They couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler so of course I was freaking out a little. The did a scan with a hand held machine, baby was moving and the heart was beating nicely.
They said the pain I'm getting could be due to bowel spasms, a tummy bug or just stretching. Although stretching shouldn't be constant. I'm to rest and take paracetamol. If it doesn't ease in a few days I'm to go back again.

Thanks for the concern girls :) appreciate it xx

Pain is still there today. I just wish I new what it was :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->