Help! Pinkish mucus

KcApple

Reaction score
I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I had pinkish mucus on the paper. I'm panicking.

Me too. I also have cramping. Waiting for nhs direct to get back to me x

I don't have any cramping but I am so scared. Nurse said not to worry. I can't help but assume the worst

Me too. She just called me and said it is so common she has calls all the time. She said unless there is more than a tablespoon of blood or my cramping is one sided they cannot do anything tonight. She said I need to try and get a scan tomorrow but usually everything works out ok

OK ladies, don't panic. :hugs:

Put yourself on pelvic rest (no exercise, no sexy time (includes any kind of orgasms) and no unnecessary activities like lifting anything remotely heavy).

Your spotting can be due to a number of things. And the most common reason for (repeated) spotting is a subchorionic hematoma (aka hemorrhage or blood clot). These can cause cramping (blood in the uterus is an irritant), and spotting/bleeding that can range from brown smudge to bright red liquidy blood. Most resolve on their own by week 20, and some people will spot/bleed the whole time and others never will.

I've been dealing with this since week 5 (but had my first teeny tiny spotting mid-week 4). I've had two moderate bleeds: 5w4d and 9w6d. Neither filled a pad, but included cramping and both were bright red blood that trickled down to brown/pink mucus spotting. Am I scared? F*cking terrified. lol But the doctors told me to not panic unless I soak 2-3 pads and hour and have clots the size of my hand come out. I've had NOTHING close to that.

Unless you've been diagnosed with a SCH (subchorionic hematoma), don't jump to conclusions. But ask them to look for it when you have your next scan. Sometimes you can have one, but the doctors think its so small its not worth mentioning. Any size SCH can bleed, and at least then you know what the bleeding/spotting is from.

Lots of :hugs: ladies. Happy thoughts!!

My has turned brown now but quite a bit more x

Mine has disappeared, so it was just the one time I went to the bathroom. I have my ultra sound next week, so I can not wait!
But I do feel much better knowing that it's not uncommon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->