Help please bruise on gums after fall

lady3

Reaction score
Marlie had a painful fall today into the coffee table. She bled for ages and it looks like her teeth went through her bottom lip. Poor thing looks like Angelina Jolie! After she had calmed down I looked in her mouth and her top gum is all bruised. I tried to touch her top two teeth to see if they hurt or moved, but she's being really protective. I'm worried that her teeth are damaged and she's only had them for a month! :cry:

Does anybody know what I should do or anybody have any experience with them? I don't want them to turn gray or die. I have an appointment with the dr for her tomorrow for something else, so I'm going to ask, but should I also make a dentist appt? Would I just go to my regular NHS dentist? Aaarrrrgghhh!

Oh no, poor thing bless her. I'd make an appointment with a dentist too yeah - you may as well... although i'm sure she'll be fine. Give your regular NHS dentist a call and tell them what has happened and ask their advice - i'm sure they'll be able to advise you.

Just check with your regular doctor hun ..max had the same thing happen this week :( poor bub ..hope she feels better soon

Just check with your regular doctor hun ..max had the same thing happen this week :( poor bub ..hope she feels better soon

Did you take him to the dr? Were his teeth wobbly or were they sensitive?

You can get traumatic ulcers following bruises on gums. I got some after being bottled in a club once (nice). I saw a doctor as I needed it for the police statement but there was nothing to be concerned about. If the teeth are there they will probably be fine. You could see if the teeth are sensitive to hot and/or cold and if so take her to a dentist but otherwise I wouldn't worry too much. Don't forget she'll get new teeth in a few years!

Thanks for your help girls. I had a dr's appt anyway for Marlie so took the moment to ask about her teeth. She said as Marlie was sensitive to being touched to take her to the dentist. So we had our first dentist appt! :smile: She even got a sticker. The dentist said that she wants to see her in 2 weeks if she's still sensitive and the teeth may or may not have been damaged, but to watch for graying. Thanks Doc. That clears it right up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->