Help please - I'm really confused

Fooled_Heart

Mummy to an angel
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I had ERPC for MMC in late August and AF showed up 48 days later in October. I haven't had another AF since then and am now on CD37 (My cycles were roughly 34 days before)
I bought a saliva ovulation test yesterday and it looked like there was some ferning, I did it again a few hours later and there was no ferning!! I have being using OPK's since CD11 and have only gotten lines which are not as dark/darker than the test line. Do you think I'm even ovulating? I did a HPT yesterday (hoping) and it was negative.

How were your cycles after MC? Did you still get + OPKs/Ferning?

I really don't know what is happening with my body, but it's really getting to me :sad1:

Sorry hon for your loss in August. I have never used OPK's at all so I don't have any real answer for you. I do temp though but I haven't temped since my miscarriage at the end of September (just couldn't be bothered) so I don't know if I ovulated (I assume I did because my periods have come back to normal).

I know my doctor said that it sometimes takes a few cycles to regulate itself after a miscarriage depending on the woman. Cycles can also change afterwards and become longer or shorter, less painful or more painful...

I hope you get an answer soon. Have you talked to your OBGYN yet about your worries?

Hi Grandbleu,
Sorry for your loss as well :hugs: It's such a horrible thing to go through

Yep, my AF is more painful now than it was before but I was just hoping that the length of my cycle didn't increase - its already long enough :sad1:

I haven't spoken to my OBGYN at all since my ERPC, they didn't even give me a checkup after my bleeding had stopped. I called my DR in Oct as AF was taking so long to turn up and he told me to wait for another 2 weeks but luckily AF showed up a week later. If AF doesn't turn up before CD48 I'm going to book a DR appointment and see what he says
xx

I think it would be normal for first period after a miscarriage to be long anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks so 48 days fits within that and seems OK. Now though I totally agree with you that you want things to start normalizing again especially if you want to get into TTC mode.

I can't believe you were not offered a scan after your procedure. I had a natural miscarriage but was told I had to have a scan a week after my miscarriage just to make sure that everything was out of my uterus. I think it's important to make sure that the uterus is behaving normally and there is no left over tissue (this may be messing with your cycles?)

I don't know how OPK's work but temping is a really good and reliable way to check if you are ovulating...OPK's just seem so complicated which is why I never tried them. If you are consistent with morning temping then you will get a pretty precise day of when you ovulated. I loved doing it because it proved to me my body was working (even if it wasn't getting pregnant!) each month. I would suggest doing 2-3 months of temping after your next period starts to figure out how your new cycles post-miscarriage are working. I'm starting this cycle to temp to see if there were any changes in my ovulation day.

Good luck hon and so sorry again that you have to go through this.

:happydance: The Saliva test was right, I just wasn't using it properly - I know how hard can it be to put a bit of saliva on a lense :haha:
I got home and did a OPK and it was positive, was a bit doubtful so did another one and it was positive as well. Used the Saliva test and when I looked there were loads of ferns!

I wasn't surprised they didn't offer me a scan/check-up considering I didn't even have my first scan (where I found out my baby's HB had stopped at 7wks)until I was 16wks even though I went to the doctors when I was 6wks and then again at 8wks as I had not heard anything. Bloody useless! Needless to say I don't have the same dr anymore.

I think if I don't get my BFP this month I'll start temping as well. I know what you mean about knowing your body is working, I'm so happy to know that my body is starting to get back to normal (even though this means my cycle this month is going to be roughly 50 days!!)

Good Luck to you too, hope we get our BFP in time for Xmas - What an excellent present that would be :hugs:

i am in exactly the same situation fooled heart. Had 2nd m/c in sept. Had 1st af 5 wks later. Now im on cd32 and still no O :( im just temping atm.

Hi DMS
Sorry for your loss :hugs:
Its so horrible waiting for O. Finally caught mine on CD38

Good luck, hope you O soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79