Help please!!! Regarding forumla change!

BeckyBoo

Mum to 2
Reaction score
I changed Kaleas forumla from SMA Gold to Cow N Gate as she was constipated. She's been on it for 5 days now and her poo loosened up and away we went.

But today shes had explosive poo that's come out of her nappy etc and quite runny. Is it just the formula change and shes now cleared out? Or do I wait to see what the next poo is like tomorrow.

Quite unsure what to do because Mikey only had the runs when he had an upset tummy. And I feel like I've failed if she's picked up a bug already at 2 weeks old!!!

Anyone else had some pretty runny nappies for a couple of days when changing babies formula?

HELP!

I changed Kaleas forumla from SMA Gold to Cow N Gate as she was constipated. She's been on it for 5 days now and her poo loosened up and away we went.

But today shes had explosive poo that's come out of her nappy etc and quite runny. Is it just the formula change and shes now cleared out? Or do I wait to see what the next poo is like tomorrow.

Quite unsure what to do because Mikey only had the runs when he had an upset tummy. And I feel like I've failed if she's picked up a bug already at 2 weeks old!!!

Anyone else had some pretty runny nappies for a couple of days when changing babies formula?

HELP!

Dont worry hun,special care initially put tabs on nutramigen (sp?) then went onto sma gold but that didnt stay down with the reflux so hence the cow and gate comfort 1 now. She did some really mad runny poos off and on for about 2 weeks but are generally the same ish colour consistency now but depends how much boobie she has had too!
Its not the runs,the dr i saw said it was quite normal and only be worried if the poos are hard or like seriously water......the runny ones are fine,tabs was leaking all over the place lol
It also says on the cow and gate pack that diff coloured poos are normal on this mix xxxx dont change back as that would really unsettle her again,just keep going until it sorts itself out :hugs:

Jack is on Cow & Gate 2, & his poos are always on the runnier side, but firming up now due to weaning. He started on Aptamil which advised poos would be runnier & yellowish due to it beng closer to breastmilk than any other formula. We then changed to C&G as he was having some probs with settling on Aptamil, & found his poos remained exactly as they were - mustardy yellow paste like consistency. I also found he pooed like a breastfed baby, so not pooing everyday, but every other, where breastfed can go up to a week I believe (correct me if I am wrong please!)
But in saying all of this, C&G is made by same company as Aptamil, so there was no great change of ingredient to the milk - 1 or 2 differences, so unsure what to expect when changing brands completely sorry:blush:

My LO has just changed and one day he is constipated and the other day he is fine...im giving it another week though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->