HELP! Please tell me about inserts/boosters!!

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
I have a few pocket nappies and so far have used LL terry boosters or folded terry squares!

However the bigger pockets I have can't be filled with by size 1 LL boosters and don't seem well filled by folded terries - can't seem to get good positioning so I am busy browsing the world of inserts!!

What would you recommend?
How thick?
What on earth is micro terry? Is it different to microfibre?
I thought microfibre was a type of fleece - how does it work as an insert?

I have 3 bamboo boosters that seem to work nicely (thanks PrincessEllie) but beyond that I'm confused!

Recommendation wise it depends on your facilities and requirements!
Microfibre is great it you dont have a tumble drier, its good in pockets and it absorbs fast but it doesnt hold huge amounts so is best used for daytime nappies
Hemp is relatively fast drying and very absorbent, its also extremely slim fitting. It works VERY well when combined with microfibre to up the absorbency so you can leave a nappy on for longer (less risk of it being outpeed!)
Bamboo is the most absorbent but takes the longest to dry, ideal if you have a tumble drier. Bamboo comes in many forms! My favorite is bamboo terry which is a softer form.

You can get folding bamboo and hemp boosters/inserts which are good if you need something faster drying but very absorbent.

My preference is for hemp or bamboo inserts I can fold, eg Hemp Babies (little weeds and big weeds) Weenotions inserts (which are combined with microfibre but I live with it as these are good inserts) P'tits Dessous bamboo inserts (very soft but too wide for some pocket nappies) and the like.
I believe microterry is the same as microfibre.

I like the blueberry inserts (hemp and microfibre) best.

hey hun, the inserts i have came free with my wonderoos, they are microfibre, other than that i have the bamboo ones i made myself, which i use for night usually, but you already have them, if i dont have any of them left i just fold up a terry nappy to fit and put it inside, im not sure really which insert would be best as most are different sizes / shapes to fit different styles of pocket nappies, which pockets do you have?

x

I've got some bamboo pads which are REALLY absorbent, and pear shaped, so stay exactly where I put them in my pockets. They were supposed to be quick drying, but actually take ages to dry , but they have a sort of strip sewn down the front of them so you can kind of loop it to dry, which helps a bit, IYKWIM. I really like them though, even though they are slow drying, because they are just the right shape for my bigger pockets, and are so absorbent

The label says Babeco/EcoEarth bamboo pad if that's any help!

I just have some plain old bamboo hourglass ones from my local nappy shop. They work great and dry pretty quick on the radiator. I do like the blueberry trifold ones though and although I only use them in my BBs, i would imagaine, they'd fir most nappies x

I love my bamboo ones, they do take a long time to dry but i have loads of them cause if H hasn't poo'd i just replace the insert and we are ready to go again.
Micro fibre are also good and slim fitting and good as well.

The Blueberry ones do fit most BTP pocket nappies but width wise dont fit a lot of other sized pockets :)

Thanks girls - especially Anothersquish for a great summary!

I mainly have fitted nappies with wraps but I like pockets if we are out for a day and likely to need a few changes. I have a random assortment
I have a small pocketbot which has already been put away for the next one :blush: a couple of medium pocket bots which I LOVE & which stuff with a folded terry pretty well or my LL boosters.
An eBay cheapy BTP but I don't like the inserts it came with - I tend to use my bamboo ones now I have them
An upsy daisy & a weenotions - both of which stuff OK with a folded terry but better with my bamboo

I def need more boosters coz I like to use them as an extra leyer in my fitteds overnight. I've not had too many probs drying the bamboo over the radiator so I think I'll stick to that although I might try hemp too - does hemp smell for some reason I have it in my head that it might!

none of my hemp smells at all but I know some people say they have problems with smelly hemp. If you want to use for extra boosting then the WeeNotions and other slimmer inserts are good, because they are narrow they fit inside other fitted night nappies better. Some of the wider ones spill out the edges and end up with leaks (rubbish!)

ive heard that hemp can go smelly and youre better off using bamboo, saying that i have a hemp nappy, ellas house, which we use for night times, and it doesnt smell and its preloved aswell so if it was gna smell i would think it would be by now :shrug:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->