Help please with my growth chart in my records

familygirl30

Reaction score
I was measured yesterday for the first time,this is my first baby,I've come to look at my growth chart and noticed she's put the x for fundal height as 32 cm,I'm nearly 29 weeks,does this seem normal or his baby big for this stage?

My growth has been all over the place, I don't think it's an accurate way to measure baby at all!

At 29 weeks I measured 27 weeks
At 32 weeks I measured 31.5 weeks
At 34 weeks I measured 33 weeks

Baby isn't following any sort of pattern at all really.... Your MW will let you know if they are concerned at all, they normally collect 3 measurements before deciding if baby is too big/small ... Even still a scan can say completely different and measuring spot on? I wouldn't worry :flower:

X

My growth has been all over the place, I don't think it's an accurate way to measure baby at all!

At 29 weeks I measured 27 weeks
At 32 weeks I measured 31.5 weeks
At 34 weeks I measured 33 weeks

Baby isn't following any sort of pattern at all really.... Your MW will let you know if they are concerned at all, they normally collect 3 measurements before deciding if baby is too big/small ... Even still a scan can say completely different and measuring spot on? I wouldn't worry :flower:

X

So when u say u measured 27 weeks at 29 did u find that from your chart?was the 27 in cm

Yep, from top of uterus to pubic bone was 27cm when it should of been 29cm....I don't trust the system of measuring this way at all...my sister is due the same day as me and has a smaller bump than me but is measuring spot on...it's so baffling!

X

So I'm measuring 32 at nearly 29 weeks according to chart!but like u say might not be accurate!

Fundal height isnt particularly accurate at measuring baby as it takes into account your own body obv, amniotic fluid, uterus size etc and also if baby is in various positions it changes, if you are measuringparticularly small your mw will send you for a scan or if you suddenly measure 6cm over kind of thing then ure mw will refer for scan. Typically most fundal heights will be +/- 2cm anyway...I for example measured 2-3 weeks ahead since 27 weekz and suddenly at 36 weeks i measured a week below..and have continued to do so however baby has dropped so obv fundal height changes. Its nothing to worry about, if your mw isnt concerned you dont need to be either, you will find also that your fundal height can change when someone else measures it lol... Xxx

Different midwives will measure differently too. I've been measured twice in one day by midwives and been given different measurements.
Some will be more generous some will be less so. I believe it's normally when you are consistently measuring 3-4 weeks over that they will investigate more. I'm now measuring 43weeks at 38weeks so a clear 5 weeks ahead and scans show baby is big! Only had the scan last week though as before that baby can speed up and slow down to their own timescale if that makes sense. I wouldn't worry too much but you could always ask if a second midwife could measure you to see if they make it any different.

The measurements are only one way a midwife checks, she will be feeling the size of baby when she checks the position, the tape measure is only a rough guide :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->