Help!!! Preterm labor help!

ariasmommy01

Reaction score
So I went to l&d because I was having cramping and my stomach had completely shrunk like it did with my daughter. I found out that I was in preterm labor. After being hooked up to a iv and pumped with meds my dr checked my cervix and I am 50% effaced fingertip dilated and at the -3 station. Mind you I am only 27 weeks. He put me on strict bed rest so I don't have her early. He said he wants me to make it til 36 weeks so no cooking cleaning shopping or anything outside of taking care of my daughter but I can not pick her up and no sexual activity what so ever. I have to make sure I lift up nothing heavy. My daughter is 20 months so shes about 21 pounds. My question is is that I get tons of pressure and you can barely tell I have a bump anymore. I was the same way with my daughter at 32 weeks and lost all fluids with her and was induced. She is perfectly healthy and advanced for her age now. Im just really worried about this baby. He wants me to stay off my feet as much as possible and be on full bedrest and lay on my left side as much as possible. Is there a chance I will have her early? Even if I obey all drs orders.

Can you get any help with your daughter? It is hard to be on bedrest, but the alternative is even harder. Keep of your feet and listen to your body. Good luck! Xx I hope you make it at least a couple of weeks further.

^ I agree-the alternative is much harder. Be as lazy as possible :haha: But there are success stories out there too, I'm mum to a 27 weeker-now 6!!

Have they discussed anything like steroids with you? It seems odd if they haven't.
It's always difficult to predict what could happen here and I'm sorry we can't give you answers on that. Gather a support network around you, friends and family, and make sure you do as little as possible.

i have been laying down all day on the couch with the exception of getting something to drink or to go to the bathroom. My sister in law has been here with me today. He had so many babies being delivered last night that he had to be quick and simple I see him Thursday and hopefully we can talk about it then. Being 50% effaced is pretty bad at 27 weeks right? And shes at station -3 with my daughter I had a complicated pregnancy but this one ahs been so easy! didn't think this could happen

I was 50% effaced at 30 weeks and ended up having my first at 34+6. I did a modified bed rest, but if you have history of PTL anyway, I'd be extra concerned. Definitely ask about steroids and possibly progesterone supplements to help. I'm pregnant with baby #2 now and had been on progesterone supplements until 36+6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->