help.. projectile vomiting and wind?

mummy_smurf2b

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me as midwives are not. When my baby was born a week ago he was on aptamil and for around 4days he wasn't keeping his milk down n he was projectile vomiting fetching loads up in one go I swapped him to cow n gate n it seemed to settle down, but now I'm finding every few days he will do it again fetching all his milk up not only that but he's always got wind it's almost impossible to get him wind free I honestly don't know where he gets it all from and struggle getting it up so he crys in pain from it a lot. Also we noticed his sick has yellow in it wen he's fetching a lot back. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Both of my daughters were highly sensitive to cows milk protein and I needed to switch them to nutramagin. The switch actually completely made them better. I am not sure what the UK equivalent is but it is a hypoallergenic formula for cows milk protein allergy. It may be worth a try

Thanks I will have a look in the shops tomorrow see if there is anything. I see the midwife again Wednesday as they didn't discharge me because he wasn't back to birth weight so I'm going to make them listen.

Thanks I will have a look in the shops tomorrow see if there is anything. I see the midwife again Wednesday as they didn't discharge me because he wasn't back to birth weight so I'm going to make them listen.

I think in UK you need to be prescribed this type of formula. However the cheapest option for the NHS is a soy based one, which a lot of babies with CMPI are intolerant of. It may take a while of being prescribed different ones to see an improvement, and of course it might not be CMPI but reflux, and this might need meds. If he isn't back to birthweight they should listen to you.

They should also observe a bottle feed from beginning to end to ensure he is able to suck properly without taking on any excess air etc.

A few things to consider while you are waiting to see them:

1)His tummy is only about 30ml in size. If babies get too much milk all at once it passes straight through the stomach in to the small intestine and sits there not able to be digested properly, which could affect weight gain. If his stomach is strong enough to stop this from happening, too much milk will make him throw up instead.
2)Tongue tie affects bottle feeding babies too, causing them to take in lots of air.
3)Keeping him upright after feeds (for around 30mins - or if you can wear him in a sling then as long as you like!) should help if it is reflux and not an allergy/intolerance.
4) It isn't unusual to not be back to birthweight straight away - so try not to worry as long as he is having wet nappies.

I had a puker with reflux and loads of wind, I cannot advise on a special milk but we settled on Hipp. This may not help you but we found the tummy tub amazing for wind and he had much better days after we got one. I still have to wind him at 10.5 months even although he is running around, I wish some days I could still squish him in the tummy tub

So I was right to be concerned about Liam as he's now started loosing weight rather than gaining and iv just noticed he's getting red spots on his face which become more visible wen he's feeding. Taking him to the docs at 6 as midwife had no idea but I'm convinced it's an allergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->