Help Refusing the breast

Rockell8788

Reaction score
My ds has been grumpy all day this morning he was difficult to fed kept pulling off and now he is totally refusing the breast. Hes only had 4 good-ish feeds since 6am. Last ditch attempt I expressed 3oz and he drained the bottle and screamed so expressed another 3 and he took 2oz. Ds has refuses bottles so this was a complete shock we've tried a few times to offer a bottle but he never takes it so haven't offered one for over a week. He's still screaming now not crying actually screaming.

Please can someone advise why he won't go near my boobs and infacts screams more when I try but just took a bottle for first time without a fuss. I really dont want this to be the end.

Can't offer you any advice but wanted to offer my sympathy.

Its not the end!! Things like this happen - who knows why :shrug: - but they do pass. Erin went through a phase of refusing BF during the day and would only feed at night - literally, would only take a 5min feed once a day! We too had preoblems with bottles, but during this time, she would take a few oz from a bottle if offered. It did pass and she is know back to BFing during the day!

Just hold on and work through it and hopefully it won't last too long.

Well he fell asleep not long after I posted. I gave up and just put him down in his basket after crying for 5/10mins he was asleep. He fed finally at half 8 then I dreamed fed him again at half 10 as usual. He woke at 4:30am! Huge shock to the system and had a massive feed. He had a snack at 7:30am then a feed after screaming for ages and refusing at 9:30am.
I think he's getting over tired and frustrated. Starting a new sleep routine today. He doesn't show any tired cues so can't go by those. Just trail and error

My LO did something similar recently so I got tough, didn't offer a bottle and if there was any faff I put him down and ignored him. He came round after a few hours of this and is back on track to eating normally now :)

From going through similar post there seems to be a pattern of 3month olds going through a stage of refusing to feed. Perhapse it just down to all the brain development at this age

Yeah, also teething can affect feeding and that normally starts around 3m. It is a nightmare, but should settle down soon - hope so for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->