Help regarding birth certifitate

manhead

mother of 2
Reaction score
Good morning people, I need help regarding my partners mothers birth certificate, Were getting married in august this year we went to the registry office to book it all and they needed my partners mothers birth certificate she refused to give us it for what ever reason she says couldnt find it i think she lying, she was born in London so my question is how can my partner get a copy of it. I hope someone can help me

Never heard of needing it before, why do they want it?
You would need to contact birth,death,marriges records with the detailes, kew will probably be a good startong place.
But seen as she is still alive you cant get someones bc as easy as that

I dont understand why they need to see her BC anyway, when we got married they only needed proof of identity for myself and my hubby x

all the regluations have changed if you were born after 1983 you need your mothers birth certificate, the registar told us because we know her birth name and dob we will be able to get one

all the regluations have changed if you were born after 1983 you need your mothers birth certificate, the registar told us because we know her birth name and dob we will be able to get one

Is the change a recent one? I was born in 85, gpt married in 2008 and only had to provide our own I.D.

I think you only need your mothers bc if you dont have a passport to prove your nationality.

Is it a case your OH doesnt have a passport, getting someone elses bc can be very tricky unless you are the parent of that person or that person has been dead for a certain amount of time (this is normaly the case with family tree researching)
My mum went through awfull trouble trying to get a copy of a bc of a relative, she had to pay a membership fee to bdm and had to provide loads of proof of name and address.

If it is because he doesnt have a passport it may actualy just be easier to get him one especialy if his mother doesnt want him to have a copy it can raise loads of privacy data problems

Vesta yeh its a recent change,

smokey, my partner doesnt have a passport, he is trying to find out his nana`s surname and stuff, His mother is being a cow putting it bluntly

I have an account for bdm research if you want to pm me her name and dob I can at least try and find the records code for you its a start

If you know enough details of his mum you can order it from the GRO, it is also possible to get it via ancestry websites (ie ancestry or findmypast) without having to need as many details but you often have to join those first xx

If you know enough details of his mum you can order it from the GRO, it is also possible to get it via ancestry websites (ie ancestry or findmypast) without having to need as many details but you often have to join those first xx

Like I say though thats ok for dead people but to get one for someone still alive is alot harder because of identity theft

i got married last year and was born in '85, my mums cert never was mentioned...

I was born in 85 too and never needed this.

If it's a nationality thing could your OH not just apply for a passport?

he could but he still needs his mothers birth certificate to prove he was born in england

Very strange! I mean, what if he didnt know his mother, or had no contact with her. Even if u have her name & DOB i think its intrusive if she didnt agree or didnt know.

Hope it gets sorted soon x

I dont think you need your mothers bc to get your own passport, just your own bc.
It has been a while since I got mine though but I never had to give mine to get my sons passport.
After all how will your parents bc prove where you where born, its years before you exsisted after all

You just go down the the register offices where you register births and deaths give them her name and d.o.b and they will give you a copy there is a small charge though. Basically all you need is name and d.o.b and you can get anyways b.c

Like I say though thats ok for dead people but to get one for someone still alive is alot harder because of identity theft

Im afraid its not hard atall, we recently moved house and lost my sons b.c and my partners i went to the register office simply gave there names and date of births and where he was born paid a small fee and they gave me them both. You can get hold of anyones b.c along as you have there name d.o.b and place they were born x

How would his birth certificate prove he was born in England, there should be a way around this...

Im afraid its not hard atall, we recently moved house and lost my sons b.c and my partners i went to the register office simply gave there names and date of births and where he was born paid a small fee and they gave me them both. You can get hold of anyones b.c along as you have there name d.o.b and place they were born x

Agreed it isn't hard at all! The council lost mine and OHs marriage certificate when we applied for housing (and our medical cards too grr) so we ordered another one online as couldn't be bothered going to the council and with their fees it cost the same; all we had to know was a few details about ourselves and my dad's name I think. We didn't have to provide any IDs or anything like that. You can order any certificate up to 2005 via ancestry.co.uk and any up to 2005 and death certificates up to the end of 2006 via findmypast, its not illegal to do so or they would not allow you to do this via the sites xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->