Help regarding birth certifitate

His birth certificate would prove that but why would his mum's? Surely she could have moved abroad and had her kids there for all they know? xx

My DH had the same sort of problem, he explained the situation and they said he could bring his dads birth certificate in instead, so that's what he did :thumbup:

were going today hun to give our notice we had to get my OHs mums birth certificate aswell because OHs passport ran out last year, you can use their passport to doesnt need to be a birth certificate, would your partners dad be willing to give his bc? x

Im not satimg its illegal and there is a diffetance between getting a copy of your own and a copy of someone elses that doesnt live with you and didnt want tou having it in the first place

I haven't read all the replies so sorry if repeating. But when applying for my OH's passport last year they required his mum's BC. She claimed she didn't have one (being awkward as usual). Anyhow, we live in Scotland but she was born in England so I had to phone the registry place in England, provide her name, DOB, mother's name and father's name then they were happy to send it. I think it cost £12.50 or something similar, was definitely under £20. Came within 21 days xx

just a different way of looking at this.....are you sure she is just being awkward and its not that there is something she may not want you to know? getting her birth certificate without her consent (whether legal or not) could start something you werent expecting...just a thought...

Im not satimg its illegal and there is a diffetance between getting a copy of your own and a copy of someone elses that doesnt live with you and didnt want tou having it in the first place

Unless you're using it to get a bank account in that persons name or for another fraud I really don't see why it would be a problem, again if it was an issue for people to get any living person's BC they would not be so easily obtained because they would ban it just in case of innappropriate use. You don't have to prove in any way you're the actual person either. I have been ordering certificates off ancestry etc for years as has my aunt who is doing a genealogy degree-some of the ones she has ordered have been for living people that are not immediately related to her. The person is not told that you obtained a copy of their birth certificate either so OP could just order one, show it to the council and then destroy it. I have just looked it up and there doesn't seem to be any barrier to this in the UK and in the US it is actually law that if a person is issued a copy of a BMD certificate, regardless of who they are and if the person wanted them to have it, they legally own and hold that certificate and it is not fraudulent or illegal in any way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->