Help regarding home birth decision

disneyleanne

Reaction score
Hi ladies.:flower:

Bit of background info first. I have had 2 previous emcs due to fetal distress. First was in 2000 after a lengthy labour and terrible care from the hospital, ended up with gas and air, pethidine, epidural, the lot. Then an emcs.:nope:
Second time was in 2002. Much better care but still had an epidural, got to 7cms but baby was distressed so another emcs.:nope:

Since then I have become a doula as I felt that due to my own experiences I wanted to help women to achieve the births that THEY wanted. I have been very privileged to be at a lovely home birth recently and am due to support another mum through her journey to an elective cs.

I am due to give birth in August and I already know that the hospital deem me 'high risk' but I refuse to give birth in that area of the hospital as I do not want constant monitoring, a cannula 'just in case' and an epidural put in place. In my mind that is just setting me up to fail.

The only options I will consider are a water birth in the MLU or a home water birth. But I can't make my mind up.

Thoughts please ladies? Thank you.xx:hugs:

You would struggle to get in the MLU. They have a strict criteria of who they will take. I'd say go for a home birth. They have exactly the same resources at home as they do in the MLU.

Thank you for your reply. I agree that I think I will struggle to get in the MLU. It's not totally impossible but difficult. I think I am swaying more towards a home water birth. Just need to make sure I have weighed up all my options before deciding for definite.:thumbup:

You have lots of time to decide. Take your time and see where your journey takes you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->