Help, sleep issues with premmie baby

Fluxuspoem

Mama
Reaction score
Hi everyone

We have a problem with night sleep with Christina, even though she was ok to sleep in her basket till now, but since her reflux got worse we have to keep her upright after every feed for 30 minutes so my baby girl is used to sleep in my arms!

So night time is a nightmare, Christina will only sleep in my arms at night time and the moment I put her down she screams the place down. Last night she hardly slept and I am horrified that this is how its going to go from now on!

Please give me so hope, will she outgrow this habit? She is 1 month corrected.

Thanks

Is she on any medication at all for the reflux.

We had a terrible time with reflux and it took a while until we got the right combination of meds and gaviscon.

Also its best to raise her cot a the headside a bit as that can help.

yeah prop her moses basket up ast the head side, maybe wear a muslin or bib/cloth on your body for a while to let it get your scent then put it in moses basket, it worked for us as was a familiar smell and comforting. Maybe get daddy to take turns putting lo to bed as well, may help break the routine xx

Chances are she won't just "grow out of it" but you can help her along. When you say she "screams the place down" how long for? You might well find that after a short time she settles down. Instead of picking her up, try to settle her lying down. If this doesn't work, settle her down til she is drowsy and put her down again. This may well take several attempts the first few nights, but it should get less and less.

I dont have advice about preemies but I can remember when my daughter was born she had a problem with reflux and we used to put her to sleep in the bouncy chair in the cot, worked for us as she was upright and we used to alternate bed times with hubby and me.

Sorry for intruding xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->