Help! Soaking at night

Reidfidleir

Reaction score
So I have used bum genius cloth diapers since Thorrin was about a month old. We have had wonderful success and they work like a charm. However lately whenever I get him up in the morning he is just drenched!!! I try not to give him too many liquids at night but it's never been an issue before if I give him a cup of water with his dinner.
What gives? And any suggestions you all might have besides going with a very absorbent disposable? (I want to avoid that).

Well if you think about it, a daytime nappy like a bumGenius is made to last 3-4 hours. Night time is what, 12-13 hours? Unless your baby pees significantly less overnight than he would in 12 hours in the day, a normal day nappy won't be absorbent enough. Some people can get away with boosting a day nappy - if you want to use a day pocket, I'd suggest replacing the microfibre inserts with some good thick natural fibre ones e.g. a cotton or bamboo prefold or something like a Rumparooz 6r bamboo insert (both parts). Or try using a cotton prefold with one of the microfibre inserts from the BG, or use both microfibre inserts with a trifolded bamboo insert underneath.

If there isn't enough room to boost enough, the next thing to try would be a fitted nappy with a wrap. Again, some people can boost a day time fitted enough for overnight. Lots of people here have success with boosted Tots Bots Stretches (I think they're sold by Bummis in the US).

If that's not enough, you could look at night nappies, there are plenty available. A good all rounder is the Holden's Landing BedBug Plus (I'm not a big fan of the standard BedBug). Basically you're looking for a heavy duty natural fibre fitted nappy plus a wrap.

If you've managed up until now with just a bumGenius, I'm quite sure you won't have to use disposables.

I've always found 2 bamboo nappies under a wool cover works great at night. One part nappies were never enough, as boosting sufficiently pushed them out of shape. I've always just used 2 bamboo terry squares, folded together as one nappy, and with a wool soaker or longies over the top. Never failed me yet

Thanks! I have one bm pocket diaper that I put two terry folds in and that seems to work well. Maybe I should get a few more pocket diapers for nighttime now. ( I use the aios and save the pocket diaper for "emergency" use as it's so bulky. ). I have some regular prefolds too I could try to stick in the normal aio. Thanks!!

If you use all bG, do you have flip organics, and elementals? I know a lot of people who have great success with an elemental boosted with a flip organic (now I think called flip night time?) at night :) Might save you buying lots of new nappies. You could even try a flip organic inside one of your pockets, boosted with something as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->