Help!!! Teen party ideas!!!

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
My nearly 13 yr old son has requested a party this year, he wants a BBQ/ house party . They'll be about 25 kids coming, hopefully no posts on Facebook and we end up with 200 lol!!
I'm stuck for ideas for what to do decorations wise, food, any quirky ideas tht will make it a bit more detailed.
He's quite grown up so past the games stage, he does have a pool table and football tablevim putting out. I've ordered some neon margarita style glasses to do virgin daiquiris , Conor's favourite drink.
We have some disco lights and I pod too.
Can anyone chuck some thoughts my way, I'm brain dead!!:wacko:

It's difficult, isn't it?!! I've been trying to organise something for my daughter, but she doesn't want to do anything at all!

Will there be boys and girls coming to his party? I probably can't help much, as my 13 yr old is a girl, but I know that they're all obsessed with photos and facebook, so maybe you could get some silly props for them to use for photos? We had it at our wedding!! We had a little chalkboard and people wrote stuff on the board and held the board up and someone took a photo of them with their message, or they had fake moustaches and hats and stuff like that!

Sounds stupid now that I write it, but it was fun. But if your son is too cool for that, he'll think it's lame!!!!

I think just lots of food, drinks, good music and you can't go wrong! Good luck!! xx

Tough one, my 13yo Brother had a BBQ party for his Birthday and he wasn't interested in anything! What time of year will it be? If it's hot you could get a swimming pool or something! x

Good luck with 25 children! Haha. How about... A buffet for food. Games consoles set up... (Teenage boys!) Music/Sound System set up. Decorations of course.

I just got this from Google:

Ok, one of the best parties i've ever been to was my friends 14th birthday party last year. The theme was a carnival. Everybody dressed normal, but you could do a fun dress code if you wanted. It was in her backyard(but you could probably find something to rent out if your yard wouldn't work.) She just had like a bouncy thing, and then she had stuff set up all over like spin art, hot dog stand, snow cones, popcorn, cottoncandy, arcade games, trampoline, she opened her hot tub, and she rented a photobooth. She also had like fun entertainment and everybody just did what they wanted, and had fun!. They also had like those fun classic carnival games set up and everybody just chased eachother around, and later we played manhunt when it got dark out. Her party was boy-girl, and the great thing is it could work for any type of party-goers. For favors, if you wanted, they had like those cutout things where you put you're head in, and her mom took pics with an old polaroid camera, and they had like these personalized little like cardboard envelope things to put it in, and then they just put like candy and little trinkets in a popcorn bag. I think you should really think about this because it was sooooo fun! Happy birthday, and hope this helps!

Thanks for your input everyone!!
I was thinking about the hot tub but wondered if mums would think it inopropriate as they'll be girls and boys!! The whole reason he wants it now is so he can I invite girls along !!
I'd just like it to be special, he's such a good lad we've have many years of perfect parents evenings , the teachers love him! So proud of him and just wanted something special before the dreaded 'I hate everyone' stage. I did say about a hummer for 16 but he won't as it costs too much!!!

Love FB photo probs idea, kids love that!

Just some music/food etc kids love just to "hang" lol.

Must admit like carnival idea too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->