HELP this morning sickness is driving me nuts!!!

Butterfly156

Reaction score
Hi there for the past couple days I've been getting horrible morning sickness. Like I can't get out of bed for hours, cAn't lay on my stomach at all cause it makes me sick, and have bad headaches. Is anybody else experiencing anything like this? Is there anything you do that Helps it? Thanks

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. You'll have to make sure you stay hydrated.. and eat if you can.
I only get nauseous when my stomach is empty so I have to eat all the time. My friend had no energy at ALL her first trimester because she wasn't eating enough.

Watch out for dehydration and if it gets bad enough, the doc can give you anti-sickness tablets to help a little.

So sorry hun! Ive been bed bound for 4 weeks now because of morning sickness. I cant even pick up my kids from school. Some of us are just plain unlucky :wacko: but it is a good sign all is well! Try not to get too down and stay hydrated. I hope it ends quick for you!!!

sounds bizzare but does getting up early and having breakfast straight away help. I suffered real bad last pregnancy but so far with this one i am feeling but not being sick. Just wondering if its cos i have to get up and have brekky with my little girl?
It gets better :) hang on in there.

So sorry hun! Ive been bed bound for 4 weeks now because of morning sickness. I cant even pick up my kids from school. Some of us are just plain unlucky :wacko: but it is a good sign all is well! Try not to get too down and stay hydrated. I hope it ends quick for you!!!

oh my gosh 4 weeks bed bound! So sorry! That must be awful. I can get up and eat some but the weird stomach feeling stays. It's like can't tell if I want to eat or vomit! Hahah stupid lol

sounds bizzare but does getting up early and having breakfast straight away help. I suffered real bad last pregnancy but so far with this one i am feeling but not being sick. Just wondering if its cos i have to get up and have brekky with my little girl?
It gets better :) hang on in there.

thanks. I'm eating cereal in the mornng and it makes it better for a while. I hope you don't get any sickness this time! :)

sour things seemed to help me...I dont know why...but anything sour. Maybe try some lemonaid....or just a slice of lemon, some sour hard candies?

ginger is another thing that can help... ginger cookies/biscuits, hard ginger candies, ginger tea

make yourself eat even.just some juice. but yeah, if you don't eat enough it'll get ya. even a mr. freeze. even if it's a touch of hunger and you haven't eaten in awhile take advantage of it..

cheese pizza doesn't sound good?? ooohh. sorry!! not that i'm craving that or anything. lol

coke helped me hun, my morning sickness changed a few times, first off if i ate before getting out of bed and that worked a treat, then that stopped working and i'd throw up regardless, so i just started drinking water first thing which made me sick but it was nicer to bring up water than food, then i could get on with my day. the last 4 days touch wood i've not been sick so i'm hoping that its dying down now. 6/7 weeks is more than enough time for me to spend with my toilet! hope yours eases soon! xxx

I'm 8 weeks into my first pregnancy and it has opened my eyes to the suffering that many women go through. None of my friends or relatives ever complained about more than a tiny bit of morning sickness, so I thought it was a joke (I remember rolling my eyes when Kate Middleton went to the hospital).

Now the joke is on me. I have been virtually incapacitated by this. I consider myself a tough person. I am an athlete. I've fought forest fires. I've climbed mountains, including several between 14,000-20,000 feet. When altitude sickness got me, I always continued climbing. I threw up 7 times on one mountain, but still made the summit (fast). I say all this because so many people seem to think that women suffering from morning sickness are wimps or princesses. I am not a wimp. I know how to march on.

But this is the hardest thing I've ever dealt with. I feel as though I've been poisoned. While I am only vomiting occasionally (1x a day); I dry heave and wretch, and I feel very, very ill all day long; the seasick/nausea feeling is constant and I feel dizzy, weak, and knocked down by fatigue. I wake up in the night to wretch.

I am incredibly lucky in that my job allows me to work from home and have been able to get my work done from bed. But I don't feel like I can take a day off or be honest with my employer about what's going on because of the stigma; morning sickness is something that's joked about and they'll think I'm acting like a princess.

My husband has been wonderful, doing all the cleaning and shopping while I've been sick. My heart goes out to all the women who are on their own, or have to go to an office, or care for toddlers. I keep thinking about women who have to work in factories or around chemicals or strong smells. I cannot imagine.

The hardest thing is how relentless it is. And thinking that I will have to deal with it for weeks, maybe months more.

I have found that constantly eating (like every hour) is the only thing that helps. Prior to this, I was a obsessed with nutrition, eating all organic whole foods, tons of kale, etc. Now I am living on refined carbohydrates because it's the only thing that keeps the nausea down. Here are some of the things I've found helpful:
-lime soda
-lime jello
-popcorn
-rice pudding
-bananas
-applesauce
-string cheese (this really helps, because of the protein)
-sparkling water (i can't drink flat water anymore)
if i'm feeling pretty decent, i've also been able to eat:
-fried rice (with just oil and egg), I felt much better after getting a few bites down
-bagels with cream cheese
-carrots and celery with cream cheese
-macaroni and cheese
I also tried the combination of 1/2 a unisom tablet (12.5 mg) with vitamin b6 (50 mg) and found it keeps me from waking up sick at night, and also makes the morning slightly better so i can get my work done.

I wish someone had warned me about this. My first trimester is turning out to be one of the most miserable experiences of my whole life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->