Help us choose a name!

Of those three, I prefer Amelia Mae. I don't think you should let popularity alone hold you back if its a name you really like. Popular names today aren't as popular as popular names were when we were growing up, if that makes sense.

My second choice would be Indiana Mae. Not a fan of Indigo, sorry.

Thanks! I know I shouldn't let popular names hold me back but I'm also keen to choose something kind of spunky and original. But thanks again :)

I can completely understand wanting something different. My personal experience though is that there are more children these days with odd names than there are with common names because there are so many people trying to be original.

That's just my observation from all the playgroups I've been to, and spending the last year working in several schools as a student teacher.

Names are so diverse now and there are many which are made up, or plain didn't exist when we were growing up.

I dont think Bnb is a great reflection of name popularity in the real world or in areas where we live. I've seen a few names on here that I've never come across in real life (may depend on region too.)

Good luck with whatever you choose :flower:

Thanks! I think you're right, everyone is trying so hard to have an uncommon name these days lol! Baby naming sure is difficult! :D

I voted for Indigo in the end because I like how it sounds with Mae, but did hover between that and Amelia.

My cousin is Amelia. She was always Milly as a child and as an adult has moved towards Amelia more.

What about a variation of Amelia, such as Amelie, which could still be Millie but less common?

I voted for Indigo in the end because I like how it sounds with Mae, but did hover between that and Amelia.

My cousin is Amelia. She was always Milly as a child and as an adult has moved towards Amelia more.

What about a variation of Amelia, such as Amelie, which could still be Millie but less common?

Thanks! I LOVE Amelie but DH thinks it sounds too much like Emily and everyone will misspell it. God men are so irritating sometimes lol :haha:

Have you names picked yet?? I feel so unprepared!

That's a shame. If only they would just agree to love whatever we pick!

We have our girls name picked (for now anyway!). Going for Evelyn Rae but cannot think of a boys name we both like, or even one I like at all! Top of our list is franklin (Frankie) but I'm going off it so don't know what I'll do if it's a boy! Hoping to use the 'wait and see what it looks like' approach.

I also feel unprepared (in general, not just name wise) and had forgotten until I looked on here that we are supposed to choose a name! 4.5 weeks to go!

I like Amelia, it's very popular here to. I prefer India nn Indy rather than Indiana.

That's a shame. If only they would just agree to love whatever we pick!

We have our girls name picked (for now anyway!). Going for Evelyn Rae but cannot think of a boys name we both like, or even one I like at all! Top of our list is franklin (Frankie) but I'm going off it so don't know what I'll do if it's a boy! Hoping to use the 'wait and see what it looks like' approach.

I also feel unprepared (in general, not just name wise) and had forgotten until I looked on here that we are supposed to choose a name! 4.5 weeks to go!

I know, my DH has vetoed so many names at this stage! Men! ;)

Those are great names chickensoup! It's so hard though isn't it? I'm imagining her with this name at different stages in her life so I feel the name has to suit kids and adults alike.

You have company in feeling unprepared ;) But we'll get there, right?

Don't let popularity stop you! If you like the name I say go for it! I also love nn Milly, it's so cute!

Those are great names chickensoup! It's so hard though isn't it? I'm imagining her with this name at different stages in her life so I feel the name has to suit kids and adults alike.

Of course we will. If the 'I didn't know I was pregnant until I gave birth on the toilet' people can do it, we can do it! lol :thumbup:

There is so much to consider - toddler nick names vs school age vs teenage vs adult PLUS, does is fit with the surname, are the initials weird? It's such a huge responsibly!! :wacko:

Of course we will. If the 'I didn't know I was pregnant until I gave birth on the toilet' people can do it, we can do it! lol :thumbup:

There is so much to consider - toddler nick names vs school age vs teenage vs adult PLUS, does is fit with the surname, are the initials weird? It's such a huge responsibly!! :wacko:

Lol! Naming has definitely been the most difficult challenge so far :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->