help-wedding make up!

xkirstyx

mummy to Jack and Emily
Reaction score
i want to do my own make up for my wedding, has anyone got any ideas on what to get? x :kiss:

Hiya, For a bride gold or beige makes a nice base colour on the eye lids and if you want it a bit more dramatic you could blend a brown or grey into the eye socket, use brown or black eyeliner and highlight the brow bones and use a good mascara. Depending on your eye/hair colour or colour theme of your wedding use a blusher to suit and make sure you get a long lasting foundation so it will stay on all day( Lancomes Teint Idole Ultra is fab! Also you can use a brow pencil to finish the eyes and a lip liner and lipstick to suit you, more of a natural colour, pinks are nice! You can also use a eyeshadow primer to keep your shadow on without creasing (Urban Decay is really good & there great for shadows too) Definatly use good quality makeup brands for your wedding day. Ps I work for Lancome and i am a makeup artist xxx

I agree with pretty much all of the above too, go with a nice goldy smokey eye you can make it as light or as heavy as you want it then. Seen lots of brides with this and they look gorgeous. Urban Decay Naked pallette is amazing for that kinda eye. Also agree with using a primer to help your eye make-up stay put! A good mascara I can reccommend is the Bourjois volumizer or if you don't want your lashes to look too volumized etc then Rimmel have some lovely ones that just lengthen your lashes and make them look lovely and long but also natural. Chanel foundations are amazing for making your skin look glowy, and they do last.. but depends how much you want spend Maybeline have some long lasting foundations too that I love. For lips I'd go for a nice peachy colour, nothing too out there or anything. Nice bit of bronzer and blush not too heavy and I'm sure you'll look amazing :D

If you have a MAC counter or shop near you I would recommend going for a bridal makeover there.

My friend got married last year and she did this and her make up looked amazing. She also paid for me and her other bridesmaid to have one done at the same time and it was great being shown how to apply everything and get a professional finish.

You have to pay £25 but that is refunded against anything you purchase as a result. If you explain you want a bridal look they will explain every stage and show you how to apply the products to achieve the look yourself on the day. They also give you a card which shows each part of the face and which products they have used written on that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->