help! what time do you test for ovulation?

mkcampbell

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and relatively new to ttc and I'm completely confused about testing for ovulation. I just came off my first natural iui cycle (bfn) and it was apparently a complete waste of time. My doctor told me that he felt the timing was off and therefore this cycle was doomed to fail. My doctor's office requires that I call by 10 am to set my iui up for the following day. My RE wants me to test for ovulation during my second morning urine before 10. Problem is, I've been charting my ovulation for a few months now and I never get a positive reading until after 2 on the 15th day of my cycle. How in the world am I supposed to call him before 10 when my positive comes so latein the day. Am I really supposed to be testing during that second morning urine or is that just my dr rule because it's convenient for him? What time do you ladies test? This is all so confusing and disheartening.

Hmm..maybe try explaining this to him. This is also my first cycle using opks and from what I've read on here, everyone is different. Some ladies get a good reading in the mornings, and others in the afternoons, evenings, etc. It's just different for everyone. So I'd try to explain this to him and if he is not understanding of it, maybe go to another doctor who is more willing to help. I'm just speaking from what I would do in your situation. Good luck and FX for you! :dust:

Mmmmmmm I am more inclined to think that it's just convenient for him, not a very good way to b for a doctor. I would try explaining that to him or ask for a trigger shot instead.

Hi, your situation seems familiar to me. I really understand you, because my previous dr was the same :( I used to have O during the weekends and this was the problem, becaise his office was closed at that time, so my IUI's got wasted because the timing was completely off - either too late or too early! I changed the Dr and now he is more flexible! Good luck - my only advice is to talk to your Dr and if does not help, try to find someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->