Help with girls name please

silver_dimond

Reaction score
Hi all,

We found out we are having a girl and I want to honour my nan in her name. My Nans name is Kay so I wanted to use Kayla for the first name but hubby really doesn't like it so we have agred to do a hypenated name using ________-Kay. I know that hypenated names are not for everyone but I like them as my name is hypenated and never bothered me. However we are struggling to find a name that we think really fits together we have come up with a few but are really not sure we would love to hear if anyone has any opinions or suggestions please.
The names we have on our small list are:

Libby-Kay (hubs suggestion and his favourite)
Evie-Kay
Ruby-Kay
Milly-Kay or Millie-kay

I love the name ruby but not sure it completely goes.
I like your hubbies name, libby-kay is so cute.

I like all of your name choices and think that its lovely that you are honouring your nan :flower:

I think that most people may not think that Kay sounds right as its not a commonly hyphenated name iykwim, like May or Rose etc. The main thing is that you and OH like it and the sentiment behind it :thumbup:

millie-kay makes me think of waynes world 'its pronounced millie-waa-kay, its Algonquin for the good land' lol

If your open to suggestions think Kate would sound better than Kay with all of them especially Ruby Kate

other options with Kay in:

Kaya
Kaycee
Kaydee
Katie (i like this very cute for a little girl)
Kayleigh
Kaylie
Kaylin

You shouldn't feel as if you need to be limited to hyphenating the name Kay. You can also use names such as:
Kaitlin
Mikayla
Katie
Kasey
Kassandra
Keilani (my personal fave)
Kadance
Kailey

You could also use Kay as her middle name, so that way you are still honoring her and it doesn't need to be hyphenated.

Good luck! :flower:

Thanks all some good other suggestions will suggest to hubs can't use Kate or Katie as its already a family name x

So Kay is my middle name.. I am Abby Kay. Thought Id throw that out there! :)

I love Libby-Kay.

Kaysie is another name if you havent considered that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->