help with PCOS

desperat4baby

Reaction score
Hi i was diagnosed with PCOS after a suspected pregnancy scan of course there was no baby much to our disapointment instead we were told the wonderful news that my left ovary had PCOS and my right ovary had a cyst -not! Since then my doctors have offered no help or advice i get the feeling they see me as a time wasting nuscense. I doubt if i changed my doctors for the THIRD time i would be treated any differently. We have been trying to conceive for about 15 months and my fiancee already has a 6year old daughter from a previous relationship. Im scared that i will never be able to have kids i get upset everytime i see or hear babies or pregnant women or even hear about people becoming pregnant or giving birth. I even feel resentful towards my fiancees daughter and i dont want to feel like that but its so hard. My fiancee says he understands how i feel but he canr COMPLEYLY understand after all he has hos daughter its never going to be the same for him. Please can anyone offer any help or advice? Xx

Hey There-

I also have PCOS, both ovaries, along with every classical sign of PCOS (overweight, acne, hirsuitism, etc, etc.). My dear hubby & I have been TTC since Feb of 09 (minus May 09-10 as I was away due to being active duty military). I was diagnosed in May of this year after having a first trimester miscarraige. My ovaries are covered in cysts, unfortunately. As for your problems with your fiancee and his daughter, I can't really offer any advice - my apologies. However, I can suggest to you to look into natural treatments for PCOS, which have really helped me (Vitex, Vitamin B supplements, Biotin, Cinnamon for insulin resistance, and many more if you're interested, I can send you a message about all my vitamins and what they are used for). Anyway, I'm on CD1 today and I'm going to try Soy Isoflavones for the first few days of this cycle. It has been found to work similarly to Clomid, and has had many success stories for those who suffer from PCOS and endo. I'm also looking into natural progesterone treatments. Well, I wish you the best, and I'll be praying! GOOD LUCK.

thanks for your post that would be great if you could share your tips with me :) i also have the problem with being overweight my stomach constantly looks pregnant people always stare at me and it makes me really self concious especially not knowing what clothes to wear to try and disguise it. Im trying to work out more and eat healthily if you had any tips for that as well it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks and best wishes :) xx

Hi welcome to the pcos club. I also have what the doctor calls the classic symptoms of pcos. Don't be discouraged there are plenty of options for you still. I also went the natural route 1st which helped a lot but have now moved onto trying out different meds. As for the weight I know what you going through I feel like if I even look at food I'll get another roll. What did help was a completely sugar free low GI diet making sure to have protien and carbs IT SUCKS but works

Sorry to hear how your feeling hun but I'm so happy that I'm not the only one feeling like this... It's hard to see family and friends falling preg so easily, Im so happy for them but also gutted that it hasn't happened for me yet... Everywhere I go I see babies or bumps and I get so depressed :( I too have Pcos and ttc 3 yrs now... I was on clomid which didn't work for me and now I've just started metformin to try and help me ovulate naturally... Get yourself to ur doctor and start medication... Keep thinking positive! I know it's hard but I do believe we will get there in the end... Lots of hugs to u hun.... Xxx

Sorry to hear how your feeling hun but I'm so happy that I'm not the only one feeling like this... It's hard to see family and friends falling preg so easily, Im so happy for them but also gutted that it hasn't happened for me yet... Everywhere I go I see babies or bumps and I get so depressed :( I too have Pcos and ttc 3 yrs now... I was on clomid which didn't work for me and now I've just started metformin to try and help me ovulate naturally... Get yourself to ur doctor and start medication... Keep thinking positive! I know it's hard but I do believe we will get there in the end... Lots of hugs to u hun.... Xxx

I'm with you on this. Is the whole world prgo?:growlmad: I have two sisters in law who are pregnant:cry: I am really happy for them but sad for myself. Just got to fake a :winkwink: so hard until it becomes a real one. It also seems to me like the pregnancy announcements always come just at the wrong time. Sorry this has turned into a pitty party for me LOL I'm sure I'll be more cheerful tomorrow:flower:

Omg... I have two sister in laws that are due to pop in the next few weeks, so when the time comes for them to give birth i will be delighted for them all the way but when I see those two babies it's gonna break my heart! I'm basically a mother without a child :(

I am in the exact same boat!! Everyone falling preggo around me except me, i feel very sorry for myself of late, whilst waiting for our ICSI funding to be agreed.

There are loads of options for PCOS sufferers. Clomid or metformin have great sucesses. Sadley the clomid didnt work too well for me and my OH has a low sperm count. There is also Ovarian drilling which has great sucesses too. Simple procedure which puts a few small holes into the ovaries as typlically pcos sufferers have a hard outer shell so the eggs have difficulty bursting through into the tubes.

Low GI diet i hear is good, my biggest issue was the excessive hair but after some laser treatment it seems to have fixed me up!!

The low GI diet does work. I have also heard that if you loose a certain percentage of weight (I think it is 10% but don't quote me) a very large amount of people will start to ovulate on their own again. I have a couple more pounds to go for this so I'll let you know. Best of luck. And YES the whole is pregnant except for us :)

I am sad for all of you guys who are having trouble but a little part of me is glad that there are others out there who are having troubles just like me. Makes me feel a little more hopeful.

I too am sooo over being hairy. Especially because it is summer here in SA. I live in a small town and until recently there was nowhere to go for lazer. A new place has opened up now so I'm thinking of Zapping the folicles (hair folicles that is) was it painful?
On the PCOS front I am on my fisrt cycle of Gonal-F have not read about it in this forum I think it must go under a different name in the US. It is injectable and seems to have helped me a bit. We will just have to wait and see. Good luck to all you PCOSers or pockies as I like to think of it :flower: Maybe we should be called the hairy fairies:wacko:

me too!!! 2 sister in law pregnant, one aunt and 2 cousins!!!
honestly i got jealous of my sisters in law,because was so easy for them, 1 months married and boon, and the other is second kid, with a 1 years old boy but when my aunt and my mom`s cousin got pregnant i got hope since they had been trying for years and finally they got their babies..
i dont know i really have pcos or not, in my home town i did exams when i was a teenager and the doctor told me i had pcos and put me on pill and metformin ( i got REALLY sick with metformin) but when i went to a big city in my country they said her ultra-sound machine was broken and she was crazy to put me on metformin, that i have nothing..
then here in usa i did again and no pcos, but i am trying one year to get pregnant and nothing... my period was regular before, but now is going crazy, and i getting acne again after i feeled a strong pain in belly, but again- went to doctor, did exams and nothing wrong..
i think i should check hormones..

i am so hairy too hahhaha
one time i went to doctor and she said that was not pcos but because of my `` race`` was like that, i stayed looking like WTF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->