Help with personal statement please?

Feff

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with a personal statement for uni please? I'm applying for childrens nursing and finding it hard to write it because I haven't got any help from tutors (I'm doing an open university course at home). I'm not really sure what to include and by the time I finish it I'll probably have 2000 characters over the limit :dohh: if someone has any tips please or who has experience I'd love to email you it for some guidance? Thank you! :) x

I think you should start just by jotting down what draws you to nursing, what parts of it you think you'll love, any role models etc etc just to give you a starting point. Your personal statement needs to show you're passionate about the subject as well as suitable for their course. Once you've got basic notes I'm sure loads of people will be willing to help you form it up in to a great statement.

Thanks for the tips :) I've nearly finished my first draft I just don't know what to cut out because I've gone over and I think I'm probably waffling a little bit :(

If you would like me to look over it I'd be happy to help edit it :flower:

That would be lovely thank you :) I'll email it to you when I can, thank you very much x

Make sure you mention the word 'nursing' a lot :lol: I know it sounds daft but a uni rejected my friend because she didn't mention them enough!

xxx

Haha how strange! I'll be sure to add it though thank you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back