Help with rhyming name problem :(

troxxy

Reaction score
So OH and I have completely different taste in names, and the only ones we can agree on (which also happen to be my FAVOURITE and what I could picture my daughter being) are Gianna and Giavanna, as I want Gia for short.

Thing is if it is a girl I want her middle name to be Savanna, for my still born sister. But that would make her Giavanna Savanna- reminds me of Alanna Banana! I've thought of just dropping the middle name and having only a first and last but I would just feel terrible. What would you do? :(

How about just Gia on its own as a first name? Gia Savannah works and imo sounds very pretty😀

With the way I'm saying Gianna with Savanna it doesn't sound off to me at all. :flower: I actually think it's beautiful.

Agree with the pp. Perhaps I'm not pronouncing it right but they're not too similar imo.

The way I pronounce them they sound similar but don't rhyme (I'm British though so I might well pronounce them differently!). I'd use them together, but if you don't want to you could:
Add another middle name in before Savanna to break it up,
Choose a name with the same meaning as Savanna, or which represents your sister (some people use names which mean rainbow, or angel, for example),
Go with just Gia Savanna

Are you pronouncing it Gee-a-van-na? I would pronounce it Gee-a-varn-a.

To me that sounds a bit different from Savannah and works ok with it. If you don't like it pronounced that way I would go with Gia Savannah.

Gianna Savanna (Jee-ah-na; Sa-van-uh) doesn't seem to rhyme at all to me? One is more jee "on" uh and the other is more sa "van" uh when I say it.

Another option I'd do is go with something that also means the same as Savannah, such as River, or even Georgia.

Gia is nice as a NN but I like Gianna as the proper name.

Thanks for all the help ladies, I like the idea of adding another name in there so we can keep the first name as the one we love :) think that's what we're going to do

You know, Giavanna already has the same ending as Savanna, so in a way you could already be honoring her. Gia Savanna sounds nice too though.

You know, Giavanna already has the same ending as Savanna, so in a way you could already be honoring her. Gia Savanna sounds nice too though.

My thoughts exactly! Seems Giavanna is so similar to Savanna that it can, in it's own right, be "in honor of" your baby sister. Gia Savanna is also gorgeous!!

I wouldn't do Giavanna Savanna together (even though it doesn't technically "rhyme") but like you said with another middle name in there it could work, like:

Giavanna Rose Savanna
Giavanna Francesca Savanna

By the way - Giavanna is my absolute favorite name. It's the only name OH and I 100% agreed on and planned to use (also with Gia as the nn). And then (unknowingly) my sibling used the name Gianna. So now the name is out for me! :nope:

I don't see a problem with it, I don't know many people that use their middle names for anything but official forms but it's a lovely way to remember your sister. Personally I'd go ahead even if they do rhyme

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->