Help with SA Results

Sambatiki

Finally a Mummy!!
Reaction score
Hi All,

DF has had his SA results back but the doc didnt really go through them properly and Im not quite sure what they mean! I know that theyre not good and doc has said that the FS will go through these more at our first appointment.... but you know how things are.... its driving me crackers!!! :rofl: If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Progressive motility 30%
Non-progressive 15%
Non-motile 55%
Concentration (x10) 41

Many Thanks

Samba
xxxxxx :dust:
::

The concentration is good hun so thats something, not properly awake today but will look through my OHs SA results tonight and let you know what the norms he was given were.

Hey hun

Progressive motility is low - you want it to be 50% minimum (WHO defined). Volume is fine - how was count?

It's not too bad - my DH had 25% and with various supplements and following the guildelines he is right back up to 50%. Good luck hun :hugs:

Thanks Krissi!!!

Rachelle - Im not sure where the count was listed on the sheet. Will have another look tonight when I get home. Thanks for you help xxxxx

No worries chick - what did the doc say? our GP was VERY clueless... suggested eating a bag of onions and saving up DH's sperm for one big blast around ovulation time... dear lord... do they not know that sperm begin to die off after 3 days :rofl:

With some good vits i'm sure your DH will be right as rain chick and something as small as a cold or a bug can affect the reading. There was an NHS form that said 99 out of 100 men will have a 'normal' result on their second go at an SA :hugs:

Hey Hun

I totaly agree with Rachelle, my DH 1st sample was below average. I totaly freaked out and he started taking welman. Btw he doesnt smoke, drink and exercises everyday. Today we recieved the report of his second sample and the nurse said it was very good. Im sure your DHs sample will be fine the next time around. Good luck.

Thanks ladies its comforting to know that all is not lost so to speak! In someways I wish the doc hadnt said anything at all and just told us to wait until our 1st FS appointment!

We mentioned Zinc to the doc and he said that if he's got a good healthy diet he shouldnt need it!! But we're ignoring that and he's going to carry on anyway.... cant hurt can it! DF doesnt smoke and isnt a huge drinker but he's going to cut it out and see if that helps.

Thanks for all your lovely advice xxxxxx and best of luck to you with your journey to that :bfp: and a healthy baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->