Help with wipes please!

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
I want to use reusable wipes. But do I use them dry with a little spray bottle of water or soak them in a solution?! I am wondering if they're not already really wet will they be as effective for cleaning?

Also are there are particular materials that are better, like the choice you have with nappies? Should I get flannel ones, fleecy ones something else?!

Thanks for you help!

Lilly :)

I like to keep a bowl of water beside the change table and dunk my wipes in as I need them to get them soaking but I think that's a personal preference (hubby prefers to use less water). I've made a bunch of different ones- terry, cotton flannel, fleece backing, minky. My favourites are the ones that are cotton flannel with a minky backing but I'm happy with all of them- they clean so much better than disposable wipes!

My favourite are fleece and velour for wee and fleece and terry for poo (the terry is good for scrubbing!). I used to make up a solution then soak the wipes I'd need for the day in it, squeeze them out then keep them in a plastic box, then I started just wetting them with water when I needed them, now I have a spray bottle of solution ready made and spray that onto Leyla's bum rather than the wipes as it takes ages to get them wet enough with a spray bottle. It seems to be working so far (thanks to whoever I nicked the idea off!) and she finds it funny when I spray her bum!

i have home made ones too like kaites but i also have some pop in bamboo ones which are fab!
again i wet under taps or use bowl when at home, or out and about i keep them dry but put a solution in a recycled baby oil bottle and squirt it on when needed.

My favourite are fleece and velour for wee and fleece and terry for poo (the terry is good for scrubbing!). I used to make up a solution then soak the wipes I'd need for the day in it, squeeze them out then keep them in a plastic box, then I started just wetting them with water when I needed them, now I have a spray bottle of solution ready made and spray that onto Leyla's bum rather than the wipes as it takes ages to get them wet enough with a spray bottle. It seems to be working so far (thanks to whoever I nicked the idea off!) and she finds it funny when I spray her bum!

Hehehe that was me - Leila loves having her bum squirted as well. Much more effective than trying to wet the fleece wipes :thumbup:

Mine are double sided: cotton terry good for poo and fleece good to dry or if just wet.

I got ours from Weenotions. Fleece and velour for wee and velour and bamboo terry for poo. I keep them dry in a box and have a couple of bottles for the solution with pump/squirt things on them. I thought it'd take forever to wet a wipe using a spray!

Cheecky wipes do a good starter pack with everything you will need.

They are cheapest at Fill your Pants, the best price I could find anyway.

oh KGLO - think I may need to take a wonder over to that site and check out the price :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->