Help!?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
I really really need some help ladies. I didn't really know where to post this but I'll tell my story anyway.. I had the contraceptive implant put in about 4 weeks after having Amelia, my doctor told me it would start working straight away, however I've been feeling very strange for the last few days :nope: I've had tender breasts & been totally off all the foods I normally love, just made myself a bacon cob & the smell made me want to vomit :dohh: so, I looked online & it says that it's only effective straight away if you're on day 5 of your period.. I was still bleeding from giving birth, so does this count? I'll be so grateful for any advice, I'm so scared & confused! :wacko: x

I would say take a test to be sure hun, it's not that likely to conceive so soon (esp if bf) but it can happen x

I would say take a test to be sure hun, it's not that likely to conceive so soon (esp if bf) but it can happen x

thanks hun, think I'll have to! I don't think I am but I guess that's the only way I'll know for sure :flower: x

Sorry am being thick here? but is it in the implant that goes into your arm??

My friend had this and read that it should kick into action 6 months after? although i dont know why the nurse didnt tell her this? :wacko:

Dont mean to scare you but take a test incase, sometimes it could be due to hormones to with the implant x

it could just be an after effect of the implant? :shrug: my friend had the implant in and she felt sick, and the tender breasts could just be something to do with the hormone it releases? i'd get yourself booked in for a blood test if you're worried chick, hope you get the result you want :hugs:

The implant goes in your arm and it certainly doesn't take 6 months before it's effective :flow:
The Nexplanon implant starts to work as soon as it is inserted, providing the procedure is conducted at the appropriate point in the menstrual cycle. Please refer to the Nexplanon Summary of Product Characteristics for details of when women can start using Nexplanon.1 Go to the Starting or switching to Nexplanon page of this website for more information.

https://www.nexplanon.co.uk/171/Questions-women-may-ask

Hi love,I have an implant,I did have to continue taking my pill for 7 days after it was insterted to be safe. The implant tricks your body into a state of pregnancy,even though you are not pregnant you might have sore boobs and be off certain foods sometimes. You can take a test to be 100% sure but I was told if its inserted properly its 99.9% effective

Okay, so everything you've described has been mentioned as side effects from the implant BUT my doctor made it very clear that if I ever thought that I might be pregnant then I should do a test.

I'm didn't bleed for long after delivery and I've still not had sex :blush: But I remember the MW telling me that contraception should act as normal from four weeks PP (I assume regardless of bleeding)

Just do a test, to put your mind at ease :flow:

Hi love,I have an implant,I did have to continue taking my pill for 7 days after it was insterted to be safe. The implant tricks your body into a state of pregnancy,even though you are not pregnant you might have sore boobs and be off certain foods sometimes. You can take a test to be 100% sure but I was told if its inserted properly its 99.9% effective

thank you everyone! :flower: yeah, I think I'll test to be sure but I don't think I am, just be worrying as always :dohh: x

thanks ladies, I think I'm going to do a test just to put my mind at ease :flower: it is probably just the effects, playing tricks on me! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->