Help

Patito726

Reaction score
Hello Moms,

First I would like to express my most heartfet condolence on the loss of your little ones, losing a child at any age is heartbreaking but never knowing what could have been is alot for a sould to take. My name is Nancy and im 30 years old up until a few months ago i truly beilved and accepted that i would never be a mom, that i was sent here to love other peoples babies like i would my own, and that i did for all these years. and on a wonderful May afternoon i found out i was pregnant with my first! i felt so blessed and loved and talked to my baby from that minute on. i did spot early in my first two months but ver lightly Dr gave me some hormones and on my 3rd month no more spotting, but at 16 weeks, my body started contracting, eventually casing my water to break, (a boy as perfect as can be named Patricio " my patito") that night in the ER after the Dr was able to calm me down, i said to myself this must be what its like to have gone crazy, cause this just cant be happening, to this day i still cant belive it. Do we go a little crazy? Sometimes i can be fine, but anything just breaks me, sometimes i even feel ashamed, like how could my body not hold onto my baby. I dont know if any of your are spiritual or religious but alot of the time i find myself asking why, and i pray for peace and acceptance but i also prayed for my babies health and save arrival, so how can i expect to find peace? but i imagine these feelings must be normal, i wodner if i'll ever get there, and i read of all the the stories about rainbow babies but how to you get the courage to even try? sometimes i want to try right away others i just dont know that i could ever live thru this pain again. i miss being happy. i miss the flutters in my belly. Will i ever feel normal again? Hoping some of you moms can share whats halped you find peace ...even if its possible.

I lost my baby on Monday. It is truly hard at times. He was so beautiful. I cry a lot. But, I found peace in praying and asking God to take care of my baby. I understand that God loves me more than I could even love myself. He knows the reason why and I may never know. But, I read something that has given me some solace and that is that your baby comes back to you with the same spirit and personality only with a different body. I believe that and I can rest easier with that in mind. I felt suicidal initially as much as I love and trust God but this is a very personal tragedy. I haven't ever experienced anything like it in my life. Yes, I miss my baby kicking and I miss the ambiance of being pregnant. But, I just pray and I cry and I pray some more. With time God heals all pain. I haven't had the courage to tell my story yet. I don't even want to go to church until I am pregnant again. Weird huh? But, I feel that will make me whole somehow. We all have our crazy moments but it's very real to us. That's all that matters.

You have to decide whether it's right for you to try again. Some may want to right away and others may not. But, do only what's best for you Hon. May God Bless you. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::flower::flower::flower::flower:

I'm sorry for your loss.
Everything you've typed is how I was feeling at that time, I found it helped to know that others had have similar thoughts.
I honestly don't know if you get to be normal again. Perhaps we find a new normal? Even now, and it's almost 2 months later, I still have moments of total madness. I feel envy when I see a mother with her new baby, or pregnant belly.
It truly has changed me forever, and you too.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so deeply sorry for your loss :cry: I lost my Ava at 20 weeks, I gave birth in my bathroom , went to the hospital we held her for a long time and we buried her on 3/11/2011. I am just now 1 year & a half later starting counseling , i go today for the first time. This pain does ease a bit with time but it never goes away and I said it a long time ago in other threads it is a "New Normal" :nope:
I was doing good till my Sister in Law announced she was pregnant, she is 29 weeks now and seeing her kills me. New issues have come up with her maybe naming the baby Sofia. I told my Mother In Law if she does that we will have a problem. That was my daughters name and I don't want any part of it taken, I don't care if it is her middle name. I can't be around a newborn with the name Sofia, it will kill me and to think that she would do this to me kills me more. So instead of beating the crap out of people, I will go to therapy and try to ease my pain and try some coping skills. This last year year has been a nightmare and to be around pregnant women especially family is really hard, but I know i have to deal with it, but I wont deal with being disrespected. I wish you gentle days ahead and things will get better but it takes a lot of time . XOOXO Andea :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Counselling helped me alot, but it took time as well (at least a good year until I could look kindly upon pregnant women and small babies), so don't be too hard on yourself -- how we feel is NORMAL. My loss was earlier (an mc at 7-8wks), but it was also a loss of hopes, dreams and a future -- having been told that I probably couldn't have children due to PCOS (it was most likely an underactive thyroid, actually), I got pregnant within a few months of ttc....and then, the mc. It brought up alot of other unresolved issues and counselling did help me (cognitive behavioural therapy).

Please take care of yourself, and the ladies on all the loss support forums are great for moral support and encouragement!

best wishes

Thank you Ladies, thank you, indeed i guess this will be my new normal. and i'll keep the faith that one day i can find peace and hope to meet my little patito. as for other prego's my family is in babyboom mode as well as at work, i dont feel any bitterness towards them ... every woman that wants to should be able to feel the wonderfullness to be expecting a baby, i was sooo happy and would only chnage the ending other than that i truly enjoyed every minute of my pregnancy. i miss it, and dont know that i will ever again,but greatful to have felt it once ... but i do hope to be blessed again. praying for all you mommas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->