Help!

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Im trying to work out a budget but i cant think of what i need to budget for?:dohh:

So far i have got

Food and venue for reception £2000
church £100
Suits £300
dress, shoes etc
Flowers £200
Bridesmaid
Entertainment £200
Cars £350
Cake- friend making it
Stationary and decorations
photographer

What am i missing?

Rings
Props for photos
Venue decs (centrepieces if not having flowers, room decs)
Table plan

I've got quite a detailed 'to do' list in my journal that I borrowed off another lady. It's very good to know what you'll need and what'll need budgeting for if you want to steal it :thumbup:

Hair and make up - even if doing yourself will you be buying new make up for it?
Fragrance
Lingerie ;)
Gifts - to the groom, BMs, Ushers, parents (if you're doing them)

Thank you, its starting to do my head in and make me just want to go on holiday, get married and then throw a party when we can be bothered.

Guest book
Favours
Flower girls/page boys

These are all If your having them!

I agree with the list Aly has in her journal, I've stole it aswel :)

I know that feeling. But eventually it all starts to come together. Once the biggies are done (venue, church, photographer) then you can do the little bits as you go :flower:

Money is the main thing thats stressing me out, seriously considering doing dont tell the bride next year!

Haha, do you trust OH enough for that? I'd never be able to do DTTD. My OH has no taste :lol:

Same applies though Hun. I was worried about money too (well, I still am, but not as much). When you write it all down you immediately think "where the heck are we gonna find all that money" but again, once the big expenses are done you find you do the little bits as you go. I've managed to do so much just out of my monthly budget rather than the wedding budget. For example, my bouquet...I bought a few bits each month for a few quid which I didn't even notice, but when I add it up it's cost over £200, which is a scary amount to have to find in one go :flower:

the thing I forgot to budget for was bad weather - umbrellas, wraps, boleros etc. Needed as I'm getting married in February! Also cufflinks and jewellery but I don't think we'll do jewellery. My oh can't tell the difference between hot pink, fuchsia and burgandy so dttb would be a bit of a mess, lol. He also didn't see the point of a photographer :dohh:

I trust him enough to not to want to get castrated yes :rofl: TBH im fairly open minded but can pretend to be a bridzilla to get on the show lol

Were going to have to trim our monthly budget right down to afford to get married in the next few years so i doubt there will be much spare to play with unless people really help out. Iv droped a few hints to my parents but nether of them are getting the hint and if they are they are not saying anything.

For simple wedding invites you could look up "Pecographe". They have just produced my cards and I am very happy.
I'm now struggling with getting a decent DJ in the Newcastle area.
Does anyone have a suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->