help

kelz86

mum of 1 and 1 on way
Reaction score
ive got acid reflux and doc gave me gaviscon advanced so tried taking it it made me sick tried it with bit of milk just made me sick straight after is there any other way i can take it disguising the taste with out it i feel sick after every thing i eat

Maybe talk to your doctor about having tablets instead. I was told there are some that are safe in pregnancy but they can have more side effects (for you not for the baby).

I was prescribed Ranitidine (it's also known as Zantac in America, i am in Scotland) from my doc to help with my acid reflux, did a lot of research before taking it and it is fine (not that I didn't trust the doc lol!) it works wonders and really made my pregnancy easier

give Tums a go, they a fruit flavoured, so hopefully shouldn't make you sick.

Edit: just read that it makes you sick! I second the tablet kind then, although they're horrible too.

Thank u all going to call doctors Monday and ask for something else

Reflux is so horrible. I take Omeprazole for gastritis as one of the symptoms is reflux and it really helps me. It's a prescription medication so if you find that gaviscon/tums don't help much, I would speak to my GP and see what they suggest.

Try remegel soft chewy tablets theyre really good. I bought a pack at boots for about £4

For my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies i took rennies a chewable tablet you can pick up from the grocery store. But theres also stronger tablets you can take with water that the Dr can prescribe you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->