help!

nikkip19

expecting #1 :)
Reaction score
so luca is almost 8 mths old. suffers from reflux :cry: he takes stage 1 and 2 jars of babyfood. hes not interested in it much. eats it mainly because i make him. ive tried finger foods but he just gags all the time. even just touching the food makes him gag. tear. sometimes he even gags on purees! anyone else been through this? i feel so helpless:cry:

our Alex is the same, he seems to have a very sensitive gag refelx. he had mild reflux when he was younger, but nothing really worth mentioning. He has been pffered solids since 5.5 months, but I still have him on stage 1 foods as he absolutely refuses to have any forms of lumps in his food...
Strangely though he likes toast in the mornings and doesn't gag too bad, so I really don't know what to make of it...
I asked his dr. about it and he said just to give them time. They are still you and they have plenty of time to lear. I am planning to just go back to basics, offer simple food for now and gradually try to introduce lumps in the next couple of weeks.

glad to hear someone in the same boat. it just upsets me when i come on here and hear about 7 mth olds eating solids. i feel like he will be 1 yr old and still on formula

I know how you feel Jaden is only on stage1 jars and still very often brings it back up. We havetried stage2 and that was just a nightmare. The Health Visitor has told us to give him porridge am then only finger foods during the day a baby (apparently) wont starve themselves. We are on day 4 now and Jaden must be starving because he is only touching the food not eating it, its really hard but im trying to stick to it.

Maybe if you talk to your HV she might do a visit and suggest things to try. Just remember your not the only one having trouble.

Huggs

Sam x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"