Help!!!

KaidensMummy

My Wee Baby Boy Kaiden :)
Reaction score
Hiya!
Im in the middle of trying to get Kaiden to bed earlier! Up until last week he was getting last feed at 8 and going to bed about 9, but this week im trying to get him fed bathed and bed for about 8. The problem is hes usually not sleeping by 8 so I tried putting him into his cot awake with the lights out and his mobile on but he absolutely screammed blue murder! I eventually lifted him out and took him downstairs for a cuddle! Should I persevere and let him cry so that he learns or are there any other tips for getting them to bed earlier? xx

When he cries if you lift him out and take him down then he will know to expect it the only advice I have is what I saw on TV !!!! when he cries go to him room and put him down say goodnight and maybe a kiss, next time he cries go in put him down, no eye or verbal contact and leave, and you need to keep doing this until he settles. My sis used this with her little one and within a week it had worked but you need to be constant and not give in.
Is 9 o clock really that late??? I would love Dec to stay up till 9 but there is no mission he is in bed every night between 7.30-7.45, so if you have any tips on how to keep him up later let me know!!!! lol xx

It might be easier if you do it in smaller time chunks like 15 mins earlier for a couple of nights and then move it another 15 mins, that way it won't seem quite so dramatic for him. That's what we did when the clocks changed and it worked ok.

Also, how much does he sleep during the day and when? It might be that you need to shuffle or cut down his naps a little so that he's not sleeping too long or too late in the day.

I really recommend 'The No-Cry Sleep Solution' It gives you loads of advice for how to get your child to sleep without ever having to leave them to cry. The bare bones of it is that you start by making sure you have a routine that you do without fail at the time he goes to bed now. Soon the routine is what makes them tired so you can move it to an earlier time. Also, you need to try and have an hour or so of quiet wind down time - sitting reading books, singing songs etc - before the bedtime routine.

It might be easier if you do it in smaller time chunks like 15 mins earlier for a couple of nights and then move it another 15 mins, that way it won't seem quite so dramatic for him. That's what we did when the clocks changed and it worked ok.

Also, how much does he sleep during the day and when? It might be that you need to shuffle or cut down his naps a little so that he's not sleeping too long or too late in the day.

He barely sleeps during the day, and when he does its never a long sleep just little cat naps! I dont like leaving him to cry but I need him in bed earlier so that I can get his bottles made and all that stuff as Im working full time now!! xx

I had this problem with my little boy.. also called Caeden lol (spelt differently obviously hehe)

I eventually managed to get him sleeping earlier by cutting down his daytime naps and sitting upstairs with him in a quiet dark ish room whilst giving him his bedtime feed, but lately he's been goin bed around 9pm again. Although i like him being in bed for half 7.. i must admit with the 9pm bedtime he sleeps a little longer in the morning and its nice not to be up at 6am! hehe

Hope you manage to sort it out :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"