Helping to put you at ease

DollPosse

Reaction score
Hi,

I have am currently pregnant with my third baby. I have had many complications and losses in my journey to have a family. What I wanted to discuss was bleeding or spotting in the first trimester.

I, personally always have at least some spotting. This spotting has been dark brown, light brown, and pink. Spotting does not necessarily mean you are miscarrying or have a threatened miscarriage. There are so many reasons why a woman can have spotting during the first trimester. Some of the reasons are normal and good such as cleaning out bits from your last cycle or implantation bleeding.

Red or new blood doesn't necessarily mean bad things either. With my second child I bled bright red blood heavily with clots. My baby was fine. A blood vessel in my uterus broke. The bleeding lasted for a day with brown spotting off and on until the end of the first trimester.

All this being said if I was concerned, or was having moderate cramping I did see a doctor. If you are concerned see a doctor. I just wanted to say that bleeding or spotting is not necessarily a bad thing. Every pregnancy is different. I hope this helps some of you. :)

I was really surprised when my doctor told me to take a week off for the spotting... he didn't seem worried but would rather I take the necessary precautions for the best possible outcome..

Thanks. I'm going through this now. It's so scary. I didnt bleed at all in first tri my my angel baby. I never expected this xxx

Also going through this now after a previous miscarriage. I bled a lot more last time, though. As in gush, soaked my jeans, down my legs, soaked the car seat, and worried I was going to get to the hospital and need surgery for whatever had gone wrong. I've been bleeding enough to soak a few panty-liners each day for a few days now, bright red with large clots. Getting a referral from my awesome gp ordering an ob appt on Monday (it's the only way they're willing to make an appt before my "13th" week, as I have no LMP, don't really know how far along I am, and they're assholes.) Your post makes me feel good. Hopefully some of us others can bring some good news after first tri bleeding and post a bit of hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->