helppp!!! need opinions ladies

D

dmestiza

:winkwink:
hi all... i currently weigh approx 97 kilos and im 5 foot 1... so my BMI is around (40) :dohh::cry:
i really want to start trying to conceive with my husband... but bkoz of my weight i told my husband that we will just wait it out, and once i loose weight we can try...
but... ladies... whats ur opinions on obesesity and pregnancy? i know the risks already, but i mean if you were in my situation what would u do about it--- wait untill you loose weight :coffee: OR just start trying even though there are risks..:baby:???? life experiences welcome too... thanks all!

all opinions/options welcome!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm at 35.5 and I'm trying to lose weight, largely as a function of getting healthy. There definitely are risks, and I've looked at lots of credible information on it as I'm concerned too. The risks go down a TON once you get to a BMI of 30. That's still overweight, but it's much healthier for the mom and for the baby. I don't know how long it would take to get to that, since every body is different. I know for me, I have a disorder that makes it extremely hard to lose weight that I FINALLY was diagnosed with. The diet and exercise thing don't really do much for me.

I would say try and lose some, and maybe figure out if there is an underlying cause that could be treated. In the end, you have to figure out what is right for you and your husband. If you feel you are ready regardless, that is your decision to make.

Hi there,

I hope you dont mind me replying. I got pregnant when I was 107kg and height of 5'7 so put my bmi at 34 or something like that...we didnt intend on getting pregnant until I had lost weight but it just happened so didnt have much choice over that. obviously the midwives and healthy professionals will tell you there are higher risks when overweight by any amount such as diabetes etc. However I have known many overweight ladies to have very healthy pregnancies and no complications and im sure there are many that have. For me myself once I was pregnant I didnt worry too much about the weight thing. They will probably insist on giving you a GTT to check for diabetes at 24 weeks or so. its totally your choice of how comfortable you are with the decision. But dont let anyone make you feel less for wanting to try for a baby just because you may be overweight. The only other thing is if you were to start losing weight they say it is easier to conceive but again that may not be the case at all.

End of the day they may monitor you more closely etc, but its your life and if you want a baby then go for it :). and as a side note i came out of my pregnancy a stone lighter than i started- how that happened i will never know :happydance:

I think it would be good to lose a bit before TTC. It will be a great incentive and you'll likely conceive quicker and have a healthier pregnancy. It will be a lot easier to lose weight now than when you've got a baby to look after. Good luck!

I was very overweight whilst pregnant with both my girls & looking back, I wish I had lost weight before hand. I found being 'bigger' made the labour/birth the hardest, because it was so hard work to move around & cope.
Now my husband and I have said we can start TTC #3 once ive reached my goal weight...ive already lost 6 stone so I know I can get there.
I highly recommend you try and loose a little weight id you're able to �� xx

I am in a similar situation. I lost 50lbs last year, knowing that I would want to try for a baby sometime in the next couple of years. Right now I am at 185lbs 5'4" and am still overweight; however, in 2 months we are going to start trying. I started eating really healthy, taking prenatal vitamins, and doing a bit of exercise - even if it is just a walk. In my own opinion, I would probably set 3 months of eating healthy and doing some exercises to help prepare my body for pregnancy so that it can go easier. Even if I am still overweight, it will not stop me from trying to conceive, but working on your health now will be helpful throughout your whole pregnancy. I recently read an article online that losing weight while pregnant is not really recommended for overweight women as previously thought, so losing just a few pounds ahead of time might be worth it. At the end of the day it is totally what you are comfortable with and how long you are willing to to wait for a baby! Good Luck :)

Walking is very good exercise and it's very easy to do. When I first wanted to lose weight three years ago I started walking then after about a month later I joined a gym. For me joining the gym was one of the best decisions I've made and I love going.

thanks heapssss for your reply's ladies! i have decided that i will loose some weight before i try... i have already started exercising! so hopefully i will loose weight quickly so i can ttc with my man... we are really wanting 2 ttc sometime very soon.. xxoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->