Hemmhoroids- TMI

tor624

Reaction score
So, this morning I noticed a "bulge" when I wiped after having a bm. I immediately knew what it was, and I've been in pain ever since I wiped it. I'm 38 weeks, and it just appeared... like it literally wasn't there at all yesterday. I've not been constipated in months, so I'm not sure why it's even there.

Any suggestions for pain relief or making it go away?!

drink lots of orange juice, avoid straining.

I wish I had more advice but I've had them with both pregnancies. I've had them so long that I make light of the situation by laughing at my 'noisy' farts which used to be silent so could get away with them :haha:

I was afraid there was nothing to be done about them lol i thought I had gotten by without having them :( I dread the fact that they will be worse after delivery!

Talk to your doctor about it. You may be able to use a hemorrhoid cream or something. Tuck's Pads are safe, from what I've heard, and I think Preparation H is, too, but I haven't asked my midwife about it.

I've been using witch hazel. Seems to do quite a good job at reducing swelling plus it's antibacterial so should help make sure things are clean which can be tricky with lumps and bumps..... Not sure if it's 'allowed' when pregnant but given mine are external swellings I figure its not like i'm putting anything inside but prob best to discuss with dr/MW.

Baths with salts can help ease them also if flared up. Equally eating ginger and garlic can help reduce swelling

I was a sufferer before pregnancy, they were always 'there' but never caused me any real pain (except for the odd occasion).. wish i could say that now! this last week OMG i have been in agony and even ICE hasn't been able to bring them down this time (i have 3!) Over the counter creams were not working, Dr gave me a prescription and thats not working either, i have gone with the witch hazel soaked on cotton wool and leaving it there. Suppositories are best for treating them but can't be used in pregnancy. I wouldn't mind if i was constipated and got them but i'm not :shrug:

I panicked early as i wear a pad for discharge and went loo and it was soaked in blood! I initially freaked.... then decided to find out where it had come from and sure enough one of them has ruptured :dohh: The pain has lessened since yesterday but i just wish they would shrink!

Thanks ladies! This issue "popped up" the day after my last appointment, so I'm definitely going to mention it on Monday when I go back. Until then I'm going to try witch hazel and continue to avoid sitting.

Shells, it sounds like you have it way worse than me! I can't imagine 3 of them, much less a ruptured one!! Hope you get some relief soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->