Hep with Step adoption uk

michelleclare

Reaction score
Hi
today after nearly 6 years of no contact my daughters bio father got in touch asking for me to file for step adoption. Here is my story
me and my ex had a baby girl in may of 2007 not planned but wanted!
we had been together for 3 years and for 2 of them i experienced domestic violence in every shape and form. It was not till i gave birth did i realised that now i am endangering my daughters life and i had to leave we split up.
I did not want to stop contact between them, but he stopped it himself.
After a few years had passed he asked to see her which again i said yes but it had to be in a control environment I.e contact centre. Then i heard nothing until today! i am in shock as i have been asking for him to let my partner adopt for years and he has always denied.
He is a job hopper so child support never get to him in time so never pays, but today i was informed from child support a payment plan has been put into place for £180 a month again to my shock!
Then i see a message from ex asking for adoption paper to be sent to him he wants out!

so my question is what now i have phoned my council and they refered but could not give much more info to what is next?
Anyone been there done it or doing it?
thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"