Hepatitis C

CanadianMaple

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have any experience dealing with Hep C?

We were about to do a IUI with donor sperm, but are on hold now because he had a reactive test. This means he has been exposed, we are now waiting to see if he has an active infection (75% chance) or if he has beat it himself when he was younger. The wait can be 2-3 months.

He was in a serious car accident and had a lot of transfusions while in the ICU. We figure he got it that way since he doesn't do IV drugs, etc...

I'm negative and they think my risk of getting it is really low. It's blood borne and isn't spread like an STI in a monogamous relationship.

Yes I have it. I have had it for 13 years now. Both my children are negative and perfectly healthy and my health is fine. Only mild liver damage. It doesn't really affect me in day to day life apart from tiredness and chronic fatigue. If you need any more info please feel free to PM me. X

Yes I have it. I have had it for 13 years now. Both my children are negative and perfectly healthy and my health is fine. Only mild liver damage. It doesn't really affect me in day to day life apart from tiredness and chronic fatigue. If you need any more info please feel free to PM me. X

Thank you for your post. I'm going to PM you.

You don't have enough posts to be able to PM. I was just going to ask about your diagnosis and if they worried a lot about you passing it along while pregnant, etc.. Also wondering if your doctor recommended any extra precautions during sex, etc...

hello...

i work in a dialysis unit so im around blood borne virus alot, HepC CAN be passed on through sperm but the risk is low, mother to baby transmission is low, but BOTH POSSIBLE

hep C is detected by using 2 tests a antibody test (this sounds like the one your donor was positive for) this test can only tell you if the peron has antibodies meaning if they are positive they have at some point contracted the virus but can not tell you if the person still has the virus, this is detected through a PCR test.

hope the tests dont take too long to come back and hope its a not detected result!! all the best xx

I thought it was blood only? Our doctors both said it was blood only, unless we were having rough sex or anal sex that could cause us both to bleed?

Most spouses never get it. It's about a 2-3% risk. Not something I am panicking about, but we're playing it safe with toothbrushes, razors, etc.

We got the call today, he is NEGATIVE!!! I haven't stopped grinning all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->